Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin nuvi 310D GTM12 TMC problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin nuvi 310D GTM12 TMC problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool - thats great news - i'll look out for the 6025 number

also the unit must be old as the firmware was 2.x something
steve24885
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin nuvi 310D GTM12 TMC problems Reply with quote

I had the same problem with the GTM12, I upgraded to the latest software version and since then it has worked without any problems so far..........
malcolm_frost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apolgies if this has been posted before, the thread is a bit long now.
I contacted garmin about another matter and brought up the traffic reception issue. They have sent me a document showing different places to locate the unit. Apparently the position of the receiver is crucial.
Before I had the unit next to the windscreen pillar to the right of the steering wheel. I have now moved it to the centre of the windscreen, with the aerial running left and right along the bottom of the screen.
This is now working far better, I get traffic within 30 secs of switching on, and only lose reception in places I can't receive FM radio stations well anyway.
A great improvement.
banjo12
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had a problem with the Nuvi falling off the windscreen, when I park my car in the garage at night with it attached to the windscreen in the morning I find the unit sitting on my dashboard having come unstuck !!
mrgthomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malcolm_frost wrote:
. I have now moved it to the centre of the windscreen, with the aerial running left and right along the bottom of the screen.
This is now working far better, I get traffic within 30 secs of switching on, and only lose reception in places I can't receive FM radio stations well anyway.
A great improvement.

Excellent I will try that Laughing
mwfox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or ideally connect the end of the aerial wire to the car aerial.
etaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remove the unit when not in car as parked on road all night - and I have found the mount on the dashboard a few times now
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me for not trawling through 40 pages Smile

Is the tmc antenna effected by a coated windscreen as the satellite signals are?
mabsey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

locksmith wrote:

Is the tmc antenna effected by a coated windscreen as the satellite signals are?

Unfortunately yes,

If you have the coated windscreens, then the TMC signal is affected badly and usually wont work at all (Straight from Garmin).

I already own the 6025 cable and was still having problems, and the guy at Garmin said they were sending me out a high output version of the lead but I would have to wait two or three days as there was a huge demand for them. I said I already had the latest version 6025, but by all accounts, there is a high output version.

Mabsey
pandamedic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mabsey wrote:
locksmith wrote:

Unfortunately yes,

If you have the coated windscreens, then the TMC signal is affected badly and usually wont work at all (Straight from Garmin).

I already own the 6025 cable and was still having problems, and the guy at Garmin said they were sending me out a high output version of the lead but I would have to wait two or three days as there was a huge demand for them. I said I already had the latest version 6025, but by all accounts, there is a high output version.

Mabsey

check out page 37 of this thread and you'll find the new charger (022455 cable) Garmin sent me, as i had the 6025 cable as standard with my unit when i brought it and hardly ever got traffic with it.
Desade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just a quick note to let you know that I had a spare Belkin Powerjolt and used this to power the nuvi.

This has made a massive difference to the tmc reception and pick up traffic is most areas in my travels between Essex and Kent. There are still a few areas where reception is not received and am now going to try it out with the aerial set vertically (it was horizontal along the dashboard).

The original cable I had it 10R-02 6017 - I should give them a call to get a replacement and see if it is as good as the belkin.

My only gripe now is the location is flags for traffic - there is occasionally stationary traffic on the A12 from M25(J28) through into London and as I turn off at this junction it's not a problem - however, the GPS marks it as starting about a mile before the junction and wants to reroute me, even though the traffic is clear up to the junction !

Dominic
mbwdn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am a newby and been looking to buy the 310D.
I have read a couple of threads on problems with the TMC.
It has been said a few times that the power lead supplied may be causing a lot of the problem and Garmin are suppying new leads, but does anyone know if the new leads are now being supplied with new units?
Great thread, thanks.
etaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i purchased a 310D on Oct 3oth and it had old firmware and an old 6017 lead
it will depend on the stock turnaround from the shop or site you purchase from.
I have also been advised of at least a 14day wait for a new lead from garmin..
so mine should arrive end of next week Smile Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfords via internet purchase not only do they have the 6025 lead but you get a 256MB SD card to load some Europe mapping on for free - Mike
ILoveSatNav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I've been reading this with interest as I have a StreetPiolot 2720 and so far have tried a GTM 11 and GTM 12 with it.

The GTM 11 offers no info about 95% of the time and the GTM 12 was no info 100% of the time!

Would anyone know if this could be the same problem as the Nuvi and the power supply?

Also, when the 11 was working, as soon as I changed the radio station I was listening to to another - I lost TMC! Changed it to say R2 and it came back! If I played a CD and the radio was last on say Capital Radio, no signal, change to R2 or R1 then it came back again - even though I was in CD mode!

The GTM is connected to my car ariel as that was the only way of getting ANY signal, albeit for 5% of the time!

Any ideas anyone??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 40 of 44

Jump to: