Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burn180
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thats great. Thanks for the help
carlcall
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first post.......and all I can say is what a great site it is, I've known about it for ages but never really bothered with it because my old boss paid for updates.

Anyways I have a Q regarding CM.

Basically I d/l the database manually and once extracted its approx 481KB in size, if I use CM and let it d/l the database itself its approx 9.2MB in size.

Can someone tell me why this happens, as with the larger size database on my Kenwood/Garmin KNA-520 it seems to be a little laggy.

And if I stick with the manual d/l which one is the best to d/l or are all 3 basically the same database.

TIA.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CM downloads the database and then edits the data according to the users settings. This data is then exported in GPX files which contain much more information than the basic CSV download, hence the larger size.

If you decide to manually download then which one you use depends on what you want to see on screen.

Consolidated by type: Contains one file for each type of speed camera. Icon indicates the camera type.

Single File: Contains all the speed cameras in a single file irrespective of type. One icon for all cameras regardless of speed & type.

Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type. Icon indicates the cameras speed limit and type
carlcall
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul!

I suppose I'll have to try it out for a few days on both of them then to see if the laggyness is acceptable.
scrambled
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Udate Version :?: Reply with quote

Hi my version (2.7 2008) said I require an update but the download link http://tinyurl.com/nvlm4 is not working. Sad

is there a newer version out Question
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try later as it appears the Camera Manager website is temporarily down.
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Udate Version :?: Reply with quote

scrambled wrote:
Hi my version (2.7 2008) said I require an update but the download link http://tinyurl.com/nvlm4 is not working. Sad

is there a newer version out Question

I don't think there is a newer version out as I am using 2.7 2008 with no problems
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
scrambled
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Well mine said requires update, downloaded and installed from link above all seems ok again Rolling Eyes
lonedreamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Any advice for me using camera manager with voice on my nuvi205.

I downloaded the voice files - the speed zone ones FOR the Ash's camera manager settings (seems to be a seperate download)

I converted the files to .wav and put into the same directory as the POI files.
Currently as my sub version of camera manager hasnt come through I have approach warnings on, and all overspeed warnings set to 0seconds as I dont want them repeatedly annoying me.

Weirdly on a little drive I got a repeated 'redlight' warning (by voice) suggesting it was coming on as an overspeed warning (though I have those set to 0seconds) but a Mobile site came through as the old style initial 'Beep' and then nothing, suggesting that correctly the overspeed warnings are off but beeping instead of the voice file.

Should the voice warnings be working in place of the 'approach' warnings, or are they only 'overspeed' warnings. If so, why did the redlight one speak to me (and act like an overspeed warning) yet the mobile one continue as if Ive never uploaded the voices

Chris
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the file names as the WAV file names must be exactly the same as the POI / Speed Camera file you want them to sound for.

i.e.
RedLight.wav
RedLight.gpx

If you have any GPX file without a corresponding WAV file you'll get a BEEP.
lonedreamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I have identified the problem
Ash's seems to download the non speed zoned database...
when I look at the gpx files there are only 4...and as the redlight wav file doesnt apply to a speed (as in theres only 1 file for redlight) its still working, but none of the other wavs correspond because the voices I downloaded are for the speed zoned version of the database.

When I manually download the speed zoned version (which I just did) I put it into the POI folder ive created, however as soon as I use the camera manager, another zip file suddenly appears which is the non speed zoned version and its this version that gets extracted - leaving only 4 gpx files and hence no voices...
Hope this makes sense!

(for clarification-I downloaded pgpsw-speed-cams-xxxxx however the file PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database appears in my POI directory after using the camera manager, and it seems to be this file thats subsequently extracted)
Chris

edit: to remove download filename. PaulB2005
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to set Camera Manager to

Sort by Speed Limit and Camera Type.

under the settings tab, which is also only avalible when you get the Contributed version...

Camera Manager downloads it's own version of the database and works with that. You shouldn't try using CM and manual downloads together...
lonedreamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to not have to download manually, clearly need to wait until my subscribed version comes through, am only anxious with time as I want to make sure Im happy with the way it works before my period to return the unit runs out. (7 days)
Once the subd version comes through I can check the gpx's against the wavs and I assume it will work perfectly - so thanks (once again!) for your help, and apologies for including the filename in the last message (I assume thats a mistake!)

Chris

** Subbed version through, now have plenty of gpx files and .wav files that match
Thanks for all the help

Chris
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Glad to hear it sorted. Don't worry about the filename thing, just part of the database security.
spajohn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks I'm having problems, can anyone help? I notice on this thread that a number of you have successfully added voice files on a Garmin to replace the bongs. I've tried every which way and can't get my voice files to play instead of the bongs - and wondered if you could help ... I've a new Garmin 265WT.

I've paid for and downloaded Ash10's Camera Manager utility - and Garmin POI Loader.

I've created .wav sound files and placed them in the same directory on my PC where Garmin downloads the PGPSW database. I have named the .wav files the same as the .gpx files.

This uploads successfully to an SD memory card on my Garmin.

The cameras show up - but all I get is the bongs!

I have tried adding a new set of .wav files directly into the poi folder on the SD card where the PGPSW database is located - no change.

What step am I missing? Am I putting the .wav files in the correct directory? Do these automatically get uploaded with, and associated to, the .gpx files? Do I need to disable the bongs somehow? Thoughts very much appreciated - thx!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 47 of 77

Jump to: