Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005

Thanks for the reply - good suggestion.

Ash10 - Is this something that you could potentially enhance Camera Manager to do automatically?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you tick the Seperate option does it not stay ticked for the next time?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
The problem is there are 2 alert types. Approach and Overspeed. The Approach alert is triggered at any speed. I get the same when approaching certain junctions in heavy traffic with Red Light Cameras. Every time you move 10 feet you get another alert. This is the behaviour of the Nuvi.

The only solution i can think of is to use the option to seperate out the Approach and Overspeed data and then only load the Overspeed data. That way you'll only get alerts when Overspeed.

BAVC10 wrote:
Ash10 - Is this something that you could potentially enhance Camera Manager to do automatically?

You can disable either (or both!) the approach or overspeed warning for any given camera type by setting the appropriate warning time to zero... Wink
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if I do that for Gatsos on the M25, M42, it will disable all Gatsos - I am trying to find a solution so that all Gatsos with a speed limit work as per your program intends but those with a 0 speed limit don't trigger the second alert once identified as 60 seconds away.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the situation with our new tGATSO and tSPECS entries in the main files? We were making a video at the weekend and couldn't work out why my 756 loaded with the same database as the TT 720 wasn't alerting to a set of SPECS on the M50.

Then I realised I'd used CM and recalled there might be an issue now that we have moved our TEM files into the categories. Is there a fix for this yet?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
What's the situation with our new tGATSO and tSPECS entries in the main files?
Is there a fix for this yet?

This has been fixed in v2.7 which is currently in the hands of testers/contributers - all being well, there should be a general release by the weekend... Wink
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But if I do that for Gatsos on the M25, M42, it will disable all Gatsos - I am trying to find a solution so that all Gatsos with a speed limit work as per your program intends but those with a 0 speed limit don't trigger the second alert once identified as 60 seconds away.

Ah, so if Speed = 0 or NULL (i.e. no @xx) then no overspeed alert? A "Supress Overspeed Alerts for Cameras With No Speed Information" as it were???

GATSO:12345@60 = Proximity Alert plus Overspeed Alert
GATSO:12345
or
GATSO:12345@0 = Proximity Alert but NO Overspeed Alert

Now you put it that way the problem becomes clear. It is annoying to get constant bongs from the M25 Variable Speed Cameras when you are doing 55 mph with the flow of traffic when the limit is set to 60 or 70....

However if the traffic truely is "Stop - Start" you'll still get the Proximity Alert each time you pull away from a stand still.....

Or have i mis-understood?
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005

You have correctly understood. With the alert set to 10 seconds for all Gatsos, those on the M25 and M42 with a speed of "0" seem to trigger an alert way in advance of where the Gatso is. I assume that CM gets confused by a "0" as it can't work out the distance or time to travel 10 seconds at speed "0" so just constantly triggers an alert rather than have no warning.

The issue seems worse in stop / start traffic mainly because you get more warnings until you have passed the Gatso.
BrianR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having frustratingly waited for a reply to my "not logged on" situation I decided to try Camera Manager on my laptop (XP IE7) and it worked! Very Happy Still doesn't worlk on my PC (Vista IE8). Sad

So far so good. I then loaded the camera database with my other POI with the Garmin POI loader and that froze! I tried all combinations of PC/Laptop/POIs and still no joy. Sad

Decided to use the SD card instead and this appears to work OK. Smile

Joys of computers!

Brian
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Garmin POI loader and that froze!

Quite often it appears that way but you should find if you give it time it'll "un-freeze" (even if XP say "Not Responding"). It's just that CM makes HUGE files that take time for POILoader to deal with. Plus the Nuvi uses USB 1.1 for the file transfer whereas if you used a Card Reader it's probably USB 2.0 which is 40x faster.....
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10

On the latest PGPSW database there are 38 Gatsos with a speed rating of 0. If I "find and replace" these in the .CSV file, replacing the 0 with a 40 (which seems to be the most commonly used active matrix gatso speed in congestion (0 would be more accurate!!!) then this should stop the warnings triggering all the time.

Is there are way of getting CM to look for a new file or is the best way to rezip the new .csv, copy this over the existing .csv file and direct CM to look in the new directory??

I see there are also a large no.of pmobile and redlight cameras which have no speeds recorded so how does CM decide what alert to give these??

Thanks
BrianR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
Garmin POI loader and that froze!

Quite often it appears that way but you should find if you give it time it'll "un-freeze" (even if XP say "Not Responding"). It's just that CM makes HUGE files that take time for POILoader to deal with. Plus the Nuvi uses USB 1.1 for the file transfer whereas if you used a Card Reader it's probably USB 2.0 which is 40x faster.....

I was just about to give it another go with the above in mind. I switched on the Nuvi 310 with the SD card removed and the POI's are all there! Am I seeing things/going mad?

Brian
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shh!! Don't ask or they'll disappear!!!!

Where you asked if you wanted to transfer data from the SD card to the internal memory at any stage?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
With the alert set to 10 seconds for all Gatsos, those on the M25 and M42 with a speed of "0" seem to trigger an alert way in advance of where the Gatso is. I assume that CM gets confused by a "0" as it can't work out the distance or time to travel 10 seconds at speed "0" so just constantly triggers an alert rather than have no warning.

Not quite - if there is no (or a zero) speed limit associated with any given camera, then CM will assume worst case scenario and use 70 for the distance/time calculation - but will leave the speed limit alone.

For example (use default warning times):

GATSO@70
- approach warning at 933ft
- overspeed warning from 466ft above 70mph

GATSO@0
- approach warning at 933ft
- overspeed warning from 466ft avove 0mph*

(*the exact behaviour of this 0mph is firmware dependant)

The reason that the speed limit is not modified, is that there is no way to correctly handle it. Change it to (say) 5mph and the overspeed warning triggers continuously, change it to 70mph and it might never trigger (and if the actual (but unknown) speed limit was 40mph you wouldn't be happy...)

BAVC10 wrote:
Is there are way of getting CM to look for a new file or is the best way to rezip the new .csv, copy this over the existing .csv file and direct CM to look in the new directory??

If you want to play around with pre-tweaking the CSV file, put it back in the download zip afterwards - open CM and change one of the settings slightly, then hit Apply to regenerate everything.
BrianR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Shh!! Don't ask or they'll disappear!!!!

Where you asked if you wanted to transfer data from the SD card to the internal memory at any stage?

Yes, but I'm sure I said no as I as I have the Road Tour 500 on the SD card as well.

Brian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 42 of 77

Jump to: