Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo!

finally, speed zoned ;)

donation sent - much appreciate all your work with this!

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps - can't you do it so it actually uses the speed-zoned download so we can have the different icons for mobile / gatso / specs etc?

MaFt
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
ps - can't you do it so it actually uses the speed-zoned download so we can have the different icons for mobile / gatso / specs etc?

Problem is that would use up a sizeable chunk of the available POI categories on an i3 (and possibly others, too) - it also makes scrolling through the menu unwieldy.
ILoveSatNav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash
Is there any way your fantastic Camera Manager can be used with the POI loader that has .wav files enabled. I have tried using CBROMs version with the wav files and it works really well by telling you the type of camera and what speed it is - but VERY annoyingly keeps on telling you!!
using the info below (posted elsewhere), could it be possible to have your versions speed cams named as below so we could use the wav files available :

(this is an extract from this thread: POI Loader software version 2.4.0.0 Beta)
1/ Download and install Audacity to your PC, don't worry its free.
This software package can be used to create your own files using a microphone or use it to convert ogg files to the wav format.
There are a number of other sat nav systems using the ogg file format, so there is a variety of ready made audio file sets for camera warning. One excellent source is Ray's site which can be found HERE the voice files you want are located at the bottom of the linked page, in 22050Hz format. There are three to choose from.

2/ Use Audacity (or any other good audio package) to open each individual track then use the file/ Export as WAV option.

3/ Re-name the files to match the file set you use:

For those using the Single file download:

pocketgps_uk_sc.wav

For those using the consolidated by type file download:

pocketgps_uk_gatso.wav
pocketgps_uk_mobile.wav
pocketgps_uk_redlight.wav
pocketgps_uk_specs.wav
pocketgps_uk_temp.wav

For those using the Speed Zoned file type download:

pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.wav
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.wav
pocketgps_uk_gatso_40.wav
pocketgps_uk_gatso_50.wav
pocketgps_uk_gatso_60.wav
pocketgps_uk_gatso_70.wav
pocketgps_uk_gatso_tba.wav
pocketgps_uk_gatso_var.wav
pocketgps_uk_mobile_20.wav
pocketgps_uk_mobile_30.wav
pocketgps_uk_mobile_40.wav
pocketgps_uk_mobile_50.wav
pocketgps_uk_mobile_60.wav
pocketgps_uk_mobile_70.wav
pocketgps_uk_moblie_tba.wav
pocketgps_uk_specs_20.wav
pocketgps_uk_specs_30.wav
pocketgps_uk_specs_40.wav
pocketgps_uk_specs_50.wav
pocketgps_uk_specs_60.wav
pocketgps_uk_specs_70.wav
pocketgps_uk_redlight.wav
pocketgps_uk_temp.wav

Use the above as a tick list to compile your file list, most of the above are available already, only the mobile 20 and gatso 20 require creation for a full set, I use the basic mobile or Gatso warning for the files that are missing, simply duplicate the file and name accordingly..

4/ Put all the wav files in the same folder as your bmp/ csv files, then use the new Beta POILoader to install the files to the device.
Mike

I have tried your versions with the wav files but as they aren't the same as the ready made wav files, the unit doesn't see them. Equally the ready made wav files are camera and speed specific - which really helps!
Would really appreciate your views! Thanks!
djben9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to have a look at this WAV thing, can i be done with the Nuvi 310 (sorry fairly new to the forum and brwose more than post)

Ash,

after my recent problems with the earlier camera manager, the last version and this work fine!! :D :D , keep up the good work :D
(i do quit it each time and then run it again from the downloaded file once a week, as it works i'll try leaving it on and restarting next time)
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djben9 - yes, you can use the WAV files with the Nuvi 310 - you'll need to use the beta version of POI Loader, and it only works with the Speed Zoned Garmin PGPSW database version (until Ash is able to support them too).

Some people have reported some problems with this version of POI Loader though (it is a beta version).
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Seem to have made a mess of things...Been running Camera Manager happily and successfully for some months. Now I've downloaded the latest 1.5 beta version having deleted the previoius camera database file as advised first. Everything runs ok but the latest 11jan07 database is not pulled down and the toolbar icon remains as advising that updates are available. I've run POI Loader now three times but no improvement.

Ideas anyone? Crying or Very sad
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPL wrote:
Hmmm. Seem to have made a mess of things...Been running Camera Manager happily and successfully for some months. Now I've downloaded the latest 1.5 beta version having deleted the previoius camera database file as advised first. Everything runs ok but the latest 11jan07 database is not pulled down and the toolbar icon remains as advising that updates are available. I've run POI Loader now three times but no improvement.

Ideas anyone? Crying or Very sad

make sure you're logged into the forum in internet explorer... i use firefox and always forget to log in every now and then via IE cos for some reason it 'forgets' to stay logged in!

MaFt
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one thing to say Embarassed ...
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked straight out of the box for me on my 2720 . Just followed instructions to remove previous zip file.

Havent yet had the nerve to try the beta POI loader as the 2720 is not quite so easy to recover should it go belly up

Rolling Eyes

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
paul3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ash10/all,
Can you help me please?, I have tried to download your software using IE6/Firefox with or without antivirus turned on, and always have the same problem which is CameraManager MFC Application has encounterd a problem and needs to close.
On closeing this window the software shuts down?

Many thanks
Paul.
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul3 wrote:
Hello Ash10/all,
Can you help me please?, I have tried to download your software using IE6/Firefox with or without antivirus turned on, and always have the same problem which is CameraManager MFC Application has encounterd a problem and needs to close.

Many thanks
Paul.

I had this, on XP Home 1, and had to use the system restore facility, and redownload Camera Manager to correct it. The first time I tried it I had Firefox and IE open at the same time, the second time I only had IE open
paul3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: camera manager Reply with quote

Emjaiuk,
Thanks for your suggestion after going back to Dec 1st with system restore it did the trick?.
I find it to be strange that I had to go back so far, as yet I have not had chance to check what software changes I had made, but I will.
Once again many thanks for your help, and may be I can return the favour one day?.

Paul
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul3 wrote:
Hello Ash10/all,

Many thanks
Paul.
I had exactly this problem after reinstalling my PC. It happened because I was running Camera Manager before running POI Uploader for the first time.
paul3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: camera manager Reply with quote

Hi Trevf,
Thanks for your help also, I cannot tell you the way it was done the first time round?.
Because I set it so far back it removed poi/camera manager software. And after reinstalling the above And running the software the same way as you it now apears to be fine. The reason I went so far back was to reinstall camera manager and start afresh asI could not find it in add/ remove programs or through its own uninstall.

Many Thanks
Paul3

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 14 of 77

Jump to: