Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Road names read on a 310D - how?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Road names read on a 310D - how?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Road names read on a 310D - how? Reply with quote

Hi all. After buying a TomTom 910 and returning it after a week due to it being pretty awful I am not the proud owner of a 310D and very happy I am with it so far (but I've only had it for a few hours).

The lady in Halfords insisted that the 310D would read road names, and that the 310 wouldn't.

The instruction manual says you need the computer voices. Where can I get them from - because the default voices wont do it. Sad
RDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 310D and as I understand it it cannot read road names. I think it's the next Garmin model up, the 360 which uses the same instruction book, that has the street naming capability.

If I'm right and the assistant at Halfords did insist the 310D is capable of something it isn't you should be able to take it back.

A couple of points to note is that I don't believe Halfords sell the 360, it's certainly not on their website, and as far as I'm aware you'd have to pay extra for the traffic alert USB lead as I don't think it's included with it.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the response so far is basically correct...

The Nuvi 310D adds the GTM12 traffic module and a DVD with all European maps on it over and above the 310 (you will need an SD card to put the maps onto).

The Nuvi 360 adds built in European maps and TTS (Text to Speech) over and above the 310, but does not come with the traffic module.

I thought Halfords did sell the 360, but it's certainly not on their current website.
MrBitsy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Yes, the response so far is basically correct...

The Nuvi 310D adds the GTM12 traffic module and a DVD with all European maps on it over and above the 310 (you will need an SD card to put the maps onto).

The Nuvi 360 adds built in European maps and TTS (Text to Speech) over and above the 310, but does not come with the traffic module.

I thought Halfords did sell the 360, but it's certainly not on their current website.

I have the 350, and it has TTS capability.

Ray Keattch

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: