Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Version problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Version problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Version problems Reply with quote

Hi There,

This is a pic of the hardware I have, it`s a palm Tungsten E2, with GPS suction holder.

I have 2 Viamichelin software CD Packs.

V4.1 Spain - Portugal &
V3.0 United Kingdom and Ireland.

V4.1 Spain and Portugal installs fine, when I insert the PDA into the GPS cradle it functions okay, receives GPS and the Map is loaded. problem is I`m in the UK, so this of no use.

V3.0 United Kingdom and Ireland installs fine, but when PDA is inserted in GPS cradle the map loads fine, but there is no GPS data available.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can get a working UK map, using the above 2 CD`s.

Mike
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a compatibility problem, as I suggested in one of your other threads. Software version 4 can not use maps version 3.

From the ViaMichelin website : “Please note that ViaMichelin Navigation 4 is also not compatible with the ViaMichelin Maps and Route Planning software for PDAs, MapSonic 1.3 nor ViaMichelin Navigation 2.0, 2.5 or 3.”

So it seems to me that you can’t mix-and-match your two sets.

Whether it will work in reverse (software version 3 software with maps version 4) isn’t specified, but I doubt it very much.

So if you’re in the UK, you need to install version 3 with its UK maps and forget about the Spain and Portugal maps. That leaves the question of the GPS data getting through to your ViaMichelin software. I’m not familiar with version 3, so I can’t help very much, but there should be a set of parameters for receiving the GPS signal. Have you tried tweaking the different settings ?
EF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Smile

I have noticed that V3 (which I have installed at present) does not have gpsutility (v4 however does)

This could be the reason why the GPS is not working?

For now, I`ll try out the various baud rate settings.

Mike
EF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed and working! Smile

I downloaded the 3.0 to 3.2 patch from the viamichelin website, and that resolved the issue
EF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so now I need to work out why there are no POI showing, I have them all selected to do so?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: