Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW GO 910 FIRMWARE!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW GO 910 FIRMWARE!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddie_vincent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 910 the remote would go to the traffic page but wouldn't move to select any items such as Update Traffic - it would just flick back to the first icon. If my wife was in the car working the remote, she would have to select the page and then I would have to press the update icon manually. TomTom acknowledged that there was a problem - it wasn't just my imagination!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I upgrtaded my 510 to 6.11, the time keeps resetting!
sivogt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem as saudidave - on my 910 since downloading to 6.11 the clock keeps losing time. Now synched the time - see what happens to it today.
beashley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
lydiachris wrote:
Does anyone know if this cures the POI warning problem, which was that the go 910 would only warn you using a TTS warning once if the POI was the same... phew...blimey a mouth full 8O

For EXAMPLE...

Driving and going past two 70mph gatsos in a row and only being warned of the first...if that makes sense!!!!!!
Will check this out in the morning, upto now I have loaded the speed zoned and the single file version of the database set the single file to 100 yards, the others to the "normal" distances you use, this has the effect of re-triggering the alert so you allways get the spoken warning. For the warning sound applicable to the single file version use the TTS option and select the _ key so it doesnt play a sound.

BIG PLUS is the POICapture is now working with the new software (vs 1,06G)
Mike

The only way I could get the 910 not to miss any redlights, as they are not speed zoned, was to make a copy of Redlight and rename it redlight2 set this to say 100 yds and make it silent and it works O'K. Many thanks Mike you are a star
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not double up the POI warnings for all the cameras? - this avoids the icon changing (as per my previous method), I have been trying this set-up earlier today and it works great.

OK its a bit of messing around but a secondary warning of either silent or simply "speed is XX" is a nice reminder and it sorts the problem out so you always get a warning of the camera without fail - Mike
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: POI Wrong Colour?? Reply with quote

Whilst we're on the subject of POI's.

Is there anyway we can get the correct colour for the Speed Camera Icon which appears in the top left-hand corner when the alert is playing??

The speed camera .bmp files display correctly when seeing them either on the Navigation screen or when browsing the map, but the warning icons seem to be blue/grey colour.

I assume this is due to the new 65000 colour screen compared with the 4000 and something the old nav3/5/go/one/rider are??

Is there any fix or some new .bmp files?? Perhaps this could be fixed in the next month's speed camera database? Or is it not as simple as that Confused 8O Embarassed

Cheers,
lydiachris
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a little off topic but didn't know where to post this...

My Father In Law is wanting to buy a GO 710, please read this:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=41772&highlight=710

There seems to be a lot of knowledable heads in this thread so I would appreciate it if someone could help!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: POI Wrong Colour?? Reply with quote

lydiachris wrote:
Whilst we're on the subject of POI's.
The speed camera .bmp files display correctly when seeing them either on the Navigation screen or when browsing the map, but the warning icons seem to be blue/grey colour.
When did you last upload the BMP files to your device? the revised BMP files are part of the latest download, the previous ones, as you point out displayed in B+W, the new ones are a slightly softer red colour, but they are red on the Map (either 2D or 3D) and the warning flashing up top left when configured in colour.
- Mike
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Rolling Eyes

I don't usually update the .bmp files, I just overwrite the OV2 files. I'll give it a go later. Thanks for clearing that up. I take it, it is because of the new 65000 colour screen?

Your above tip works even better! Well done again!!! :D

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know about the link to another post above.

lydiachris
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
jean wrote:
Same as me pepperm! See other thread!
Just worried that it will happen again now. Sad
Carry a pin or needle in the lid of the soft case (I have done since day one!) - you never know when it will be required - Mike

i keep a stripped-back tie-wrap thingy (like what holds cables together in new stuff you buy) - very handy for when my mp3 player crashes! it lives in my wallet and can be used to spear small cretatures too (assuming their parents don't mind)

MaFt
graeme_symington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all the good info, but how do i set a silent sound using the "_key". where is this key in the sound field. I'm sure it's obvioys but i cant find it.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press the #&? key just to the right of the letter M and the character to use is the fourth one along on the top row of symbols
Mike
graeme_symington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers

I'll give it a go. But i've been trying with standard "polite 3" beep on the speed zoned files at 275yds and "speed camera" typed in for the single file version at 100yds. This does not seem to work on a row of similar cameras, as i get a beep for each camera but only speech on the first one. What i am doing wrong?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme - Please have a read of THIS - it should explain all you need to know about configuring the camera database on the 910 - Mike
graeme_symington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Read, dont see anything new, or anything different from how i've set mine, apart from distances. One thing i have noticed, which is probably why i couldn't find the "_" key is that my keyboard layout is different to that in your post.
Mine has a "123" key below the letters. Once in there i have the "#&?" key, which leads to the "_" key.
Anyway this dosn't help with the fact that mine is still operating differently to your suggestion? and im not sure why?
Suppose i'll have to stick with "polite 3"

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: