Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TI Traffic Module now available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TI Traffic Module now available
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lowie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: TI Traffic Module now available Reply with quote

http://www.navmanstores.com/eu/product_details.php?category=Accessories&id=385

Just ordered mine £129 :o
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re Traffic module Reply with quote

Lowie, I'd be interested to hear what you think of the traffic module. I've just bought the 530 (via pipeline) and am thinking about the add-on.
Thanks mate. Smile
smoose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sunnygig

I got my Tmc T1 2 days ago with the unit. Jury's still out regarding it... Im travelling all next week so will get a better idea of it... but

Firstly i would say it seems to take a long time, 30mins today to sync on a station (classic FM).

I have only ever seen it list 1 station and thats Classic FM thought there would be other transmitting TMC info

The mount is not good!!! the TMC clips into the bottom of the existing mount then the 530 sits on it so the hot shoe connects.... most of the time. I have found it sometimes doesn't connect so you have to push it down make sure you hear it click into place. You can tell its connected as the power comes from the shoe so the charge light illuminates on the 530.

Them it seem to sit there scanning... in the traffic menu

However when it has connected the info is good, no its great and it interacts with the 530 maps and routing really really well. It gives the ability to avoid traffic problems and re-routes around these problems. Again will get a better idea next and and the week after travelling up and down the uk a few times.

Hope this helps
philnixon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: traffic module Reply with quote

I can confirm all Smoose has said, it took quite a while before Classic fm came up as the tmc station, thought initially the unit might not be working.

The unit cleverly works out an alternative route in the background should an incident occur ahead.
Will be using M25 all next week so traffic module will be working overtime.

One point that I found annoying was the unit comes with loads of bits of paper all about warranties etc but no instruction book, that come in pdf format on cd, I would gladly have swopped all that for a booklet describing all the traffic incident symbols.

Hope the above helps.

phil
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re Traffic Module Reply with quote

Thanks for your time and the info' guys it's really appreciated. :D
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked and it's out of stock as of 26 June Sad
Home 2.7.3.1894
smoose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I ordered and got my unit early last week....

Be able to give it a serious test this week
robbinm1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, does the T1 require any external wiring, such as the 39 inches of cable across the screen as per the 550TM module, or a connection into the car's antenna. I like the concept of the traffic module, but just don't want all these bits of wire taped around the screen or dash.

Thanks
Mark.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoose wrote:
Firstly i would say it seems to take a long time, 30mins today to sync on a station (classic FM).

I have only ever seen it list 1 station and thats Classic FM thought there would be other transmitting TMC info

Navman's licence is with Classic FM so that is the only station through which you will get Traffic information. I have seen other stations listed with my iCN550 but have never received Traffic information with them.
smoose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Navman's licence is with Classic FM so that is the only station through which you will get Traffic information.

Tim, Thanks for clarifying. I found the T1 still seems to sit their scanning for long periods do you get the same with yours.

Quote:
Quick question, does the T1 require any external wiring, such as the 39 inches of cable across the screen as per the 550TM module, or a connection into the car's antenna

Robbunm1, The T1 module is really sweet in the way it all connects up. The actual reciever unit clips into the base of the Car mount so it becomes one unit. Then you use the in car power lead to feed the T1 module which in turn feeds power to the 530 via a hot shoe connection. The only other wire is the aerial which comes with 2 sticky pads to stick to windscreen in the top corner then the wire can tuck round the screen edge back to the unit. Its all very neat and tidy.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoose wrote:
Tim, Thanks for clarifying. I found the T1 still seems to sit their scanning for long periods do you get the same with yours.

I don't have a T1; the 550 uses a different module. My 550 used to sit scanning for ages but I've now rigged up an external aerial and get TMC reception all the time (so far).

It's to do with TMC transmission in this country. It is very weak.
jak68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?satitle=t1+traffic+module&from=R2&fcl=3&catref=C3[url][/url]
philnixon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: traffic module T1 reception Reply with quote

Spent yesterdays commute around London including theM25 watching the traffic module (T1)output and found lots of scanning going on but very little locking up to Classic Fm
My journey times were around an hour each way.
Going to try sticking traffic module on exterior of car today with tape to see whether any improvement in reception of TMC service.
phil
Unhban
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone bought the T1 Traffic Module from the following company please? The price seems too good to be true!

http://www.thenavigationcompany.com/products/NAAA007007_Navman_iCN_T1_Traffic_Pack.html

----------
Wescam commander.
bowmurbandit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit. Iv'e had no problems with mine in the truck and its been all over the country with me since iv'e had it. I just set it up on the window plug the ariel in and just let it dangle down on the dashboard. Has soon has iv'e given it my route it tells me of any traffic events on route and updates has i go along. I have only every seen it pop up with Classic FM and once and once only with Heart FM (100.7 )

Iv'e not had any problems with the mount or hot shoe adapter so far so i must be one of the lucky ones.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: