Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A BIG surprise!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A BIG surprise!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: A BIG surprise!!! Reply with quote

Hi. I've been emailing tomtom customer support and guess what, the Quick GPSFix is not actually enabled yet!! 8O

Read this:

Discussion Thread
Response 09/06/2006 12.44 PM
Dear Mr./Ms Rickett,

Thank you for your e-mail
and your patience on the subject
There is nothing wrong with the GPS receiver if it takes a few minutes to get a fist fix. However, one of the next software updates will enable the Quick GPS Fix function on the new GO Series. Once that is enabled, the GO will download a database of where GPS satellites are going to be for the next 7 days via TomTom HOME, which means it does not need to search for these signals any more but knows where to expect them from. This will help getting a first FIX far more quickly
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
Auto-response 05/06/2006 06.22 PM
Title: How can I travel safely from A to B with TomTom?
Link: http://service.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=4818&p_created=1144748022

Title: Can I customise the menus and buttons, and the Driving View?
Link: http://service.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=4634&p_created=1143459848

Title: How do I get my TomTom GO/ONE/RIDER repaired?
Link: http://service.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=4935&p_created=1146557451

Title: What is Quick GPS Fix and how does it work?
Link: http://service.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=4271&p_created=1140524645

Title: Troubleshooting TomTom GO/ONE/RIDER
Link: http://service.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=4937&p_created=1146562005

Customer 05/06/2006 06.22 PM
Hello.

I've had my tomtom go 910 now quite a while, when I don't use it for 24hours then go to turn it on again, it takes between 1 mintue and 2 minutes to actually get a valid GPS Fix.

After i've booted it up and put in my pin, i instantly tap the gps bar then tap the gps status screen which brings up all the different bars which shows you what satellites and how many the go 910 has found.

As soon as i turn it on it finds about 8-10 satellites but they are ALL greyed out, it then takes to go 910 2 minutes to find a valid gps fix and turn about 3 of them blue. After a further few mintues they are all blue.

What is up with this and what does it mean?? It's not an annoying problem, just weird.

Has anyone else found this with theirs? Previously I owned a TomTom ONE and that used to find a valid gps within seconds, even when I left it for 2-3 days. Is this going to be fixed in a future software update do you think?

I would greatly appreciate a reply to as what the greyed out bars mean because the go 910 can abviously see thoses satellites as they move up and down ect.

Cheers,

Chris

NOW.................................
What on earth is the go 910 downloading then and does it actually use the GPSFix yet??
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar problem with TTN5.21 on my PDA.

I've noticed that after going into the status screen it's searching West - South. I would expect it to search from my last position East - North, which once it has a fix does show. Have you noticed which is showing when yours starts?

I assume mine we be perfect if I was in South America. :P

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: