Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3 v c310
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 v c310

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doobs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: i3 v c310 Reply with quote

I deliberated for a long time - which one to get - started off thinking i3 is for me, but eventually got frightened off by ebay (mainly) and high street prices. Got c310 from Halfords for £199.99. However, I notice that on ebay you can get the c310 from £160 upwards ( i paid more but peace of mind from high street as my first sat nav) - I assume so many get the i3 as it is thought to be much less expensive than the c310. If you look carefully, you can in some cases pay less for the c310 than the i3, or if not only a few puunds more than the i3.

I am missing sometihng here?
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: i3 v c310 Reply with quote

doobs wrote:
I deliberated for a long time - which one to get - started off thinking i3 is for me, but eventually got frightened off by ebay (mainly) and high street prices. Got c310 from Halfords for £199.99. However, I notice that on ebay you can get the c310 from £160 upwards ( i paid more but peace of mind from high street as my first sat nav) - I assume so many get the i3 as it is thought to be much less expensive than the c310. If you look carefully, you can in some cases pay less for the c310 than the i3, or if not only a few puunds more than the i3.

I am missing sometihng here?

Hi Doobs,

You pay's your money and you take's your chance. I would not knock ebay as long as you follow some common sense approach to buying.

Regarding price look at some of the mail order companies prices, i made a previous post regarding this http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=39697&highlight= the results were amazing Exclamation .

You have got a good piece of kit with a 12 month warranty at a competetive price Thumbs Up
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, also bought C310 from Halfords for £199 and am absolutely delighted with it. Used as a portable unit in a 2nd/3rd car and while lacking some of the functionality is vastly superior when calculating routes to the £1500 unit which came as standard in my Volvo!
Major differences between i3 and c310 are, I believe, that c310 is touchscreen whilst i3 works through rotary wheel (fiddly) and screen size. Who says size doesn't matter!
freestyleal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a Tom Tom Go - Classic, which I have had for a few years now, but my dad who is in his 70's wanted a sat nav.

Wife was in local BMW dealers (Stratsone Doncaster) having her car serviced and saw Garmin Streetpilot C310 for sale at £185, so she bought one for him.

Not sure if this is only at ours or at all BMW dealers

Regards

Alan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: