Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Makayama Interactive release Media Studio for TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Makayama Interactive release Media Studio for TomTom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
volte
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one managed to get this working on the TomTom ONE - I notice on the website that they will be making it compatible with the One in future, but I thought the Go 300 and One were pretty much the same version of tomtom, just different packaging and different Surfstar chipset.

Or is there more to it than that?

Cheers.
nadtech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tomtom media studio 2 for x10 models is out, when you start watching a movie after 5 to 10 seconds it resets itself does this very often, emailed makayama 4 days ago still no reply from their tech support, when you have the icon pause movie whilst driving ticked it still playes movie. there software normally is very good like dvd to pocket p.c. etc, but this one needs some more work to it, when you do get the movie to play then if you decide to pause it and come back to the movie no luck it crashes so you have to start again if you are lucky it might work after a few tries, and it is hard to find where you left off the seak bar at the bottom just disapears so you have to guess where you were in the movie, come on makayama you can do better than this, hopefully ver 3 might work. Twisted Evil Question Exclamation
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunce here!!!

Read through the thread, and TBH, I have probably already seen the answer but not digested it.....

So can you confirm that this software does it all? I don't actually need anything else on my PC to make it work?

Also, has anyone converted a full DVD yet? I'd like to know how much space it takes up.....

Also, so it's visible on my Go, I can just add:
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK2|
to my current modified menu?

Cheers from a thickie!

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works kinda sorta - seems to have a memory leak. As reported it tends to reset the GO every now and then.

A full feature film compresses to about 400 MB (selected best picture , not best sound). The video compression could probably be a bit more agressive, the picture is too good ;-)

Yes, the menu thingie will work

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tx Lutz,

Hey, it's another gadget to throw onto the GO for some added fun!!!
Just need to find a couple of movies the kids won't beat each up over!!

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
nadtech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: TOMTOM MEDIA STUDIO 2 by YUK A HAMA Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad HAVE BEEN TRYING TO USE Tomtom media studio 2 by MAKAYAMA for 2 weeks converting dvd no problem, WATCHING the dvd BIG PROBLEMS it resets the devise if you pause movie for 5 minutes it crashes, seek bar does not work, so what do you do, contact support@makayama.com 15 emails in 2 weeks not even one reply, conclusions DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS UNTIL THEY MOVE OUT OF AMSTERDAM, my thinking of how the company is run, I could be right, Some chinees man or woman designs software, chinees man or woman puts on the net and we buy off the net, makayama gets the money and spends all the profits on MARAJUANA, GANJA, SPLIFF, DRUGS, and technical staff to STONED TO REPLY TO ANY technical problems, so please mr makayama move your business where drugs are elegal and my problems can be solved.
sorry all just letting everyone know I am not the only one that got ignored do search on google for makayama problems and many people just like me frustrated at makayama support a joke, anyone with ideas of how to get help from them please let me know. makayama staff give up the GANJA no good for you. and my thoughts on chinees man or woman who designed the software I have no problems with you no offence.
HELP!
Exclamation Exclamation
dirtyweeraincloud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted it from my unit and bought a DVD player :D
flashPO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continue to use Makayama on the Go910.
Really, in the previous versions software there were errors and restart TomTom.
Now software-player works steadily enough.
As to code conversion of initial files in format Makayama: not all existing initial formats are supported for viewing on player.
Perhaps, a lot of problems also is connected with this...
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just purchased this software but am unable to get past the registration screen. I open the application and receive a new explorer message asking if I want to past information from the clip board. The system will not accept either a yes or no, just keeps on going in a loop.

Next I tried to copy the registration code from my email a and launching the application and the same thing happens, apart from getting an office message saying that this is an incompatible format.

Please advise.
internetpilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else with an older GO annoyed that this application doesn't support v6.15 on say a GO700, but supports v6.11 on a GO510/710/910? I don't understand why Makayama would provide SDK6 compatibility only with the X10 series and leave the X00 series GO users hung out to dry (unless they severly downgrade back to v5.XX).

I emailed Makayama about this and received a reply that basically has the tone of don't hack up your GO700, use the original software version that came with it, and you won't have a problem running Makayama. The v6.15 update of the TomTom software is an offiicial TomTom update (not a hack), and they obviously have the app running on v6.XX on the X10 series.

I withdraw my previous recommendation of this app. Makayama needs to get their "stuff" together before I'll recommend this app again. In the meantime, MobilNova seems to offer a similar product that works on v6.XX of the software for all TomTom GOs (X00 and X10). It's more expensive, but....it works without having to downgrade to a significantly less featured version of the TomTom software.

Sorry...rant ended! ;)
internetpilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Makayama will NOT be supporting older GO models with v6.15 Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know, I received the following official response from Makayama support this morning:

"...we have decided not to make our player compatible with the 700 on 6.15 software versions. The reasons for this are company confidential and have to do with development cost vs. return on investment. I can offer you a refund, so that you may purchase the Mobilnova player if you wish."

I don't think Makayama realizes how many X00 generation GO's are out there right now versus the X10 generation. But....oh, well! Makayama isn't exactly a 3rd-party software developer for TomTom. Their media player is just one of many players for a variety of platforms, most of which are much more prevalent than a TomTom.

Consider this a heads-up -- if you have an older GO model running the latest TomTom software update, you can save your money for another TomTom accessory! ;)
HappyTrucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark1968 wrote:
I have just purchased this software but am unable to get past the registration screen. I open the application and receive a new explorer message asking if I want to past information from the clip board. The system will not accept either a yes or no, just keeps on going in a loop.

Next I tried to copy the registration code from my email a and launching the application and the same thing happens, apart from getting an office message saying that this is an incompatible format.

Please advise.

I'm having the same problem as you. The trial version worked great, but obviously 3 minutes isn't much use in practical terms. I decided to fork out the dollars for the registered version (it has to be worth a try at least) and I got confronted with that damn "would you like to allow the web page to access your clipboard" message. As you found, nothing gets rid of it and the only thing you CAN do is use Task Manager to shut the program down.

If anyone, anyone at all, has any idea how to get round this - maybe it's a faulty update on their end? - both mark1968 and I would appreciate the help. Obviously I've emailed their support but following posts here I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe someone has a copy of the software they bought a couple of months ago they could FTP to some websapce for me to try? I am NOT asking for an activation code, I have a legit one of those, just a version of the program that people HAVE had working.

Thanks.
internetpilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, even though this software company has abandoned me as a GO700 user running v6.15 of the TomTom software, I'll help you guys out. It's not your fault they stink. It's a shame, too, because there product is actually still great for converting DVDs to small AVI files for viewing on portable devices (I still use it for my Palm device).

Click [url=http://www.pilotfamily.com/tomtomforums/Media Studio/Media Studio for TomTom 1.1.zip]HERE[/url] for the download. I can guarantee to keep it available for download for a week or two tops, after that it might have to go bye-bye. This is v1.1, which was put out in July 2006. I believe that v2.0 is the latest. Keep in mind that v1.1 does NOT support the GOX10 series. If you need it fora GO510, 710, or 910, then you'll have to work with v2.0.

For some reason, I did not encounter the problems you're having with v2.0. It just wouldn't work with my GO700 running v6.15 of the TomTom software.
internetpilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that stinks. Sorry the above URL code didn't work on this forum like it does on most other forums. You'll have to cut and paste the following to get it to work (apparently):

[url]http://www.pilotfamily.com/tomtomforums/Media Studio/Media Studio for TomTom 1.1.zip[/url]

I also can't edit my own posts, which seems a little weird to me, but...oh, well.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: