Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maximum SD Card Size for Nuvi?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maximum SD Card Size for Nuvi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kennyh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Maximum SD Card Size for Nuvi? Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I've just got my hands on a Nuvi 360, courtesy of Garmin and Pocket GPS World - I won it at the Edinburgh Expo! Fantastic :D

So a huge thank you to Garmin and Pocket GPS World for organising a great event and prize draw! (Make sure you attend the next one, and make sure you buy loads of tickets for the charity prize draw; well worth it even it you don't win a prize.)

Anyway, nopw for my question: Does anyone know how big an SD card I can stick in it? I'm thinking of getting some 2Gb Sandisk Ultra's that I'll use for MP3's, Audiobooks, Pictures etc as well as charing it with my Digital Camera. So, anyone know (I can't find it in the spec)?

Cheers
Kenny
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm runnning my 350 with a 2GB SD card. No probs with two large talking books. MP3 and Photo's.

I've also seen reports of nuvi's running 4GB OK as well.

This may be of interest -
http://www.mobymemory.com/High_Speed_1GB_2gb_4gb_SD_Secure_Digital_Memory_Cards.asp
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps. some cameras can not take the 4Gb SD card all though nuvi reports say it is fine with it.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually the size issues in digi cams can be fixed with new firmware. e.g. my first camera said it couldn't take more than 256mb memory cards - however, at that time you couldn't BUY anything bigger than that! soon enough new cards came out and they worked fine up to a certain point then camera needed new firmware to recognise the bigger sized card.

only slightly relevent i know, but just thought i'd join in ;)

MaFt
Jamas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum SD Card Size for Nuvi? Reply with quote

Kennyh wrote:
I'm thinking of getting some 2Gb Sandisk Ultra's that I'll use for MP3's, Audiobooks, Pictures etc as well as charing it with my Digital Camera. So, anyone know (I can't find it in the spec)? Cheers
Kenny

Take care Kennyh !
Have a look here and you 'ill see that the Ulltra II Transflash card is not compatible with the 60C(S)X.
We can legitimely doubt that an Ultra II SD card will work even it is not exactly the same type of card (TF vs SD) and GPSr (60CSX vs Nuvi)

Jamas
DracUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im using a Sandisk Ultra II 2gb SD on my Nuvi 310 with no problems

DracUK

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: