Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Active POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Active POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevedurrant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Active POIs Reply with quote

Hi all,
Has anyone figured out how to get more than just the first 16 poi's to go active yet? it's doing my head in!

I'm using an icn 520 smartst 2005
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Active POIs Reply with quote

stevedurrant wrote:
Hi all,
Has anyone figured out how to get more than just the first 16 poi's to go active yet? it's doing my head in!

I'm using an icn 520 smartst 2005

What do you mean by 'go active' Question You should be able to load up to 99 POIs but only see 25 of them on your 520. How do you know that only 16 are active of (how many?) Wink
stevedurrant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: re. Reply with quote

Hi,

What i mean by 'active' is you can set an audible and textual alert for a POI e.g. 'speed cameras' you can set the distance at which you want to be alerted. If that POI is not active all you will see is the icon as you pass it.

Now, if you have a long list of your own POI's (for example i have 23, including all the favorites - petrol stations, hotels, fast food, cash points, tesco.....etc) and set them all to 'actively' alert you to their presence only the first 16 that you load on to you icn 520 will stay 'active' the rest go inactive.

If you have a 520 with your own POI's on you can see what i mean by clicking - Home= Preferences= Safety alerts= Active POI, you come to the search screen, press the bottom right corner to bring up the full list of all your POI's. You will see that only 16 will be 'active'. If you then press one of the inactive ones and set it to 'active' - 'Audio warning - 'Visual warning'- and whatever distance you want then press 'save'. Now go back through the above process, you would expect now to see '17' 'active' POI(including the one you just 'activated'), but no, still only 16 and the POI you changed and saved will have reverted to inactive! sooooo frustrating!!!!

Bit long winded i know, but i hope this helps you to help me.
Cheers
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood. Also I have the 510, which should be similar or the same.
Now, what you say seems very strange, but I have not experienced that restriction as I only have less than 10 POIs installed and they are all 'active'.
The user manual does not give a clue as to restriction on the number of 'active' POIs you can have. Sorry, I cannot help at the moment. I will make some enquiries to see if I can find out more. In the meantime, I am sure some of the knowledgeable members of this forum will come up with an answer. Wink
stevedurrant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that - no worries
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.
I used to run a Navman 520 but gave up after a long running row with Navman about active POI's. I needed 23, p.89 of the handbook clearly states you can have 25. They promised a fix in service pack 1 that never happened so I gave up.
Then went over to TT software on the Navman with 39 active POI's and 41 crystal clear voices, and verbal warnings for cameras.
After having it nicked, I think you can work out what my next purchase was.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My handbook only has 40 pages Crying or Very sad
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gee Pee.
Mine was bought just after christmas 2005.
Maybe it's a 520 thing as my brother runs a 510 and there ain't much difference.

CeeJay.
bruceferguson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activating all the audio and visual warnings on your POI's is not a good idea, as I had all my audio and visual warnings activate 8O drove me blooody nuts in the end especially in built up areas where there are lots of speed cameras. So I now have only 2 of my 9 POI's audio/visual warnings active.

I have both the iCN 510 and 520. The 510 only came with a quick start guide while the 520 came with a full user manual that covers both the 510 and 520 and goes into greater detail on the operations of the units. The 520 user manual is available as a downloadable .pdf manual from Navman

http://www.navman.com/Documents/InCar/user_guides/iCN500Series/iCN510-520_SmartST2005_UM_EU_AUS_NZ_WEB_CD.pdf

What do you need to run Tom Tom/Pocket Streets software on the 510/520 and how do I get hold of it?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you need to run Tom Tom/Pocket Streets software on the 510/520 and how do I get hold of it?

There is a pretty comprehensive thread about this in this Forum, but I can't lay my hands on it at the moment. Will try again and post a response as soon as I have a minute and can find it. Wink
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:

There is a pretty comprehensive thread about this in this Forum, but I can't lay my hands on it at the moment. Will try again and post a response as soon as I have a minute and can find it. Wink

Ah! I found it. Have a good read in this thread. Let me know if it is not what you want.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=26892

Wink
bruceferguson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gee-Pee

I found the thread you refered too, and managed to install the Navman.zip that people refered too and got the Navman 510 to run as a PDA. Following the thread further and reading the various problems people where having it became aparent an update to the navman.zip was available, however the current version (Navman_2.5.zip) and depending on which link you selected it would either not download the zip file or re-direct you to a web site in either Dutch or French prosumably informing you the link could not be found. Overall it became very frustrating with not been able to download the newer version, so restored the original software and maps and have now started to try and tinker with the splash screen. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: