Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - It is Annoying...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

It is Annoying...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redhotorange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: It is Annoying... Reply with quote

When joining M6 (north bound) from M5 slip road, I alway get a safety camera warning, but there is no camera on route. The only camera I can see (from the screen of the PPC of course) is on the cross road below me which is not "ON ROUTE". My I set my CP6 for on-route warning. The CP6 also warns me the cameras for the traffic of the opposit direction.

I had a Road Angel sometime ago, it provides "directional" warning, i.e. it ignors cameras that are not aimed at you. Does anyone know if CP6 has a similar function or it just measures the distance between you and the approaching camera?
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember, that CoPilot's Safety cameras are really a modified POI. It can only tell your proximity to a camera, not whether it applies to you.

But there again, I would expect Road Angel, a dedicated Safety camera waning device to be better than a SatNav with Camera Warnings bolted on.

That is not to say that other SatNavs don't make a better job of safety camera warnings - they do.
GregW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the cross over warning too on the A52 between Nottingham and Derby. It may be more to do with the database - in thi sparticular case the camera is literally right below the cross over. Unless the camera database also stores the road number, there may not be much that can be done? Just guessing.

I've had the directional camera issue too, but only for certain locations like on the A43. I need to check, but my gut feeling is that the positions are wrong in the database.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregW wrote:
...but my gut feeling is that the positions are wrong in the database.

If I remember correctly, different applications have their own quirks. For example, I believe that TomTom will not report certain cameras near filter lanes under certain circumstances, and that the cameras have to be 'misplaced' to get around this.

Since TomTom is the most popular application (if only they had CoPilot's desktop app and Navteq maps - I would be using it too) it is probably only fair that tweaking seems to be in its favour.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: