Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where does PrymeNav store maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where does PrymeNav store maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceemjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Where does PrymeNav store maps? Reply with quote

I cant get PrymeNav V1 to install maps onto the storage card of my Mobile5 XDA Pro.

Please could someone look and tell me the full pathname of the folder where the maps (*.bin, *.biz files) are stored on the storage card? I am hoping that if I can manually store them in the right place it will work!!!

Many thanks
Clive
ceemjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Where does PrymeNav store maps? Reply with quote

ceemjay wrote:
I cant get PrymeNav V1 to install maps onto the storage card of my Mobile5 XDA Pro.

Please could someone look and tell me the full pathname of the folder where the maps (*.bin, *.biz files) are stored on the storage card? I am hoping that if I can manually store them in the right place it will work!!!

Many thanks
Clive

It might be helpful to me if people could post the above for PrymeNav V2 and/or other Pocket PC versions
p24hrsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Maps Reply with quote

It seams PrymeNav cant find memory cards via the PDA dispite it being a location option in the map loader program.

I have PrymeNav 2 and a XDA Exec with windows mobile 5.

The only way I got this to work is by using a SD card reader plugged into my laptop. This then shows as a drive letter location in the map loader program.

So select the maps you want and choice the drive letter for the card reader, then once loaded put the card back in your PDA and run the PrymeNav program and it should auto load the maps on your card.

I have to say that when this program is running well it works very well BUT it does't take much to upset it. On my XDA if anything else like A PHONE CALL or even the power save switches the backlight off PrymeNav locks up resulting in me having to reset the XDA

Paul
p24hrsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Ps Maps Reply with quote

Just a thought if you dont have a card reader maybe you can copy the files using activesync direct from your harddrive to XDA memory card.

The maps are stored in

C:\PremierAdvance PrymeNav Europe\Maps

If you picked C: drive for location. I haven't tried this but I can't see why it shouldn't work if you copy the whole file IE PremierAdvance PrymeNav Europe folder not just the maps folder

Paul
ceemjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul - thanks for the response and the advice.

Not surprisingly, I guess, when I installed onto the SD card in a card reader it worked!!

During the map generation process there were 2 errors - one asking for the CD to be changed and whichever CD was installed it wasn't recognised; the other was an error message when creating polygons.biz.

When I first tried installing to the SD card because of these errors not all the files were created. Latterly I had installed both CDs onto the hard disk and then been telling the map generator to ignore the polygons error and got a working system. I had completely forgotten that I had not tried again to write to the SD card following this working procedure.

Are either of these two errors above present in V2?

In use PN setting a destination from street/town works well however if I try to use a favourite or recent search it seems to take forever (probably literally!). Is that unique to me or V1?

Other than those problems it seems to work quite well!!

Thanks again for your help.
Clive
p24hrsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Clive

My friend told me to avoid v1 as he had had the problems you discribed. I didn't have any problems loading V2 and if you don't interupt it it runs fine.

The problem I'm having at the min is setting up a multi stop route. The program appears to have this ability only it dosn't work. So I find all the locations and save them to the favs and just select them in turn. To be fair I could be just doing something wrong maybe I will have to read the manual again.

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: