Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Firmware release 3.10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Firmware release 3.10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan_t
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is this firmware any good?
or as it similar probs like 2.9 and 3.0?
Scoobydooby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I may have discovered a new bug, not 100% sure if its 3.10 issue, but it was ok in 2.70.

I was running on batteries when I noticed that the battery low message came up, as soon as I could I plugged the external power supply in, immediately the i3 shut down & only removal of the batteries etc brought the i3 back to life.

Tried it again when I got home---same thing

Scoobs

I'd be lost without it !!
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using v3.1 for a couple of days now. In WAAS mode have had no problems at all.
GoHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also been using 3.1 since release, and am well pleased with it so far. I have used it in 3D and Track Up.

Sat lock is always within a few yards of leaving home same as all the version s that I have tried except 3.0 where I admitted defeat and rolled back to 2.7.
Turns have always been early enough to give the screen a quick glance to make sure it's the one that the map is showing.

Today I will turn off Wass/Egnos and try to see if it makes any difference to response times.

Just as a point of interest I have detail set at normal as IMHO I believe the map refresh rate is more responsive.

i3 City Navigator Europe NT+V8
3.1 firmware.
WAAS/EGNOS enabled ......
ANT 555
swanson2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: No Problems Yet? With 3.1 Firmware Upgrade Reply with quote

I have been using 3.1 for the last two days, and have had no malfunctions so far. I am using it in 3D mode.

Full Sat lock is usually achieved within within less than a minute.

I have also found that turns have always been early enough to give the screen a quick glance to make sure it's the one that the map is showing.

I have my navigation set to Normal, but will give it a try set to Wass/Egnos to see if response times change.
3.1 firmware.
2.5 Audio
Normal enabled
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waynelisa wrote:
trevf wrote:
Has anyone tried using FW 3.10 without the gpx speed cam files?

I'm going to try reverting to the original files to see if that helps.

Ideal Firmware 2.82 with Custom POI Functionality fixed. how u fix it or where downlod fix for 2.82
There is no fix unfortunately
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: No Problems Yet? With 3.1 Firmware Upgrade Reply with quote

swanson2 wrote:
I have been using 3.1 for the last two days, and have had no malfunctions so far. I am using it in 3D mode.

Full Sat lock is usually achieved within within less than a minute.

I have also found that turns have always been early enough to give the screen a quick glance to make sure it's the one that the map is showing.

I have my navigation set to Normal, but will give it a try set to Wass/Egnos to see if response times change.
3.1 firmware.
2.5 Audio
Normal enabled
With 3.1 I get a lock no problem but I am still finding the screen updates very jerky. I have tried Noraml and WAAG, neither seem to make a difference.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried 3.10 today for 50-60 miles.

Looked good. One white screen but that was sorted with a Double tap to the Back Arrow button.

It does appear to lag a bit compared to the 2.7 FW. Managed to leave the map behind as few times esp when changing from being caught behind a duffer at 20 mph to being able to get up to 50 - 60 mph. Not as bad as 2.9 though....

Also with 2.7 in Map mode when it said Smith Street Ahead it would change to the next street as my front bumper passed the centre line on the side street, but with 3.10 it moves on about 10 meters before you reach it.

Also tried Normal and Egg-Nog - both as good / bad as each other...

Will try it again tomorrow but i think I'll go back to the security of 2.7...
prasadm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time problem mentioned by JinnanTonnix was also noticed by me. I am running the system with WAAS/EGNOS and the i3 is stuck at daymode (not that it worries me but seems like a fault). I don't know if that is because of the WAAS mode.. Will have to revert to normal mode and test.. I didn't want to as EGNOS seems a stable mode for me..

Another problem I noticed is that if I start Navigation at a point which is not on a proper road on the map, then the the initial navigation voice prompts are missing for a good amount of time even after I have got onto the navigated route.. I regularly faces this when I get out of my office (nearly half a mile before I get on to a routeable road) and I also saw this problem while I was coming out of IKEA Nottingham. The voice prompts did not start until I got on the A610, although the maps show correctly .. Only the voice prompts are delayed.. I would have thought that the voice prompts started as soon as I got onto the proper route.. But No.. I really don't rely on the voice prompts so much but thought this information may be useful.

WAAS/EGNOS, V3.1-A2.0, Most detail 3D,V8 Maps- 256MB card
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another problem I noticed is that if I start Navigation at a point which is not on a proper road on the map, then the the initial navigation voice prompts are missing for a good amount of time even after I have got onto the navigated route..

Noticed this too today. Apart from that it's still not bad. Doesn't feel as "right " as 2.7 though. Not sure why...
north_country_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loaded 3.1 yesterday, thought I might as well try it as I wasnt impressed with 2.9. Can't see any difference to be honest, in map view the map sometimes lags behind where I actually am (same as 2.9) but seems ok in navigation mode and the turn warnings are way too early, not had any lock up or white screens though, but I think its back to 2.7 for me!
thesmithz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought the i3 (loaded with 2.9) 2 days ago ... seemed to work fine, but when I checked the latest software, found that 3.10 was available.

updated to v3.10 yesterday and loaded approx 25000 points of interest ( including all the speed cameras )

tried it today with a trip from the midlands to North London and back ... no problems whatsoever ... really pleased with it !
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
tried it today with a trip from the midlands to North London and back ... no problems whatsoever

Was this trip MAINLY motorway or fast A road? If so, have you tried it around town yet / much? I can see that the lag might not be so apparent on fast roads but in town it can be a pain.
JinnanTonnix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Can you spare a few minutes to check something?
Put the i3 into Western European Timezone (which it should be if you're in the UK) and set the daylight saving to 'auto'.

My i3 is always 1 hour behind. I can fix it by setting the daylight saving to 'on', but my auto setting doesn't seem to realise it's summer time. Perhaps the miserable weather is getting it down. Crying or Very sad
By the way, I'm currently running firmware 3.1. The problem is still there with f/w 2.7, 2.82b.

Also, I presume most people's colour mode is set to auto - i.e. day view for daylight hours and night view for night-time hours. Well, ever since I had a monster i3 crash when I tried firmware 3.0, my auto colour mode doesn't work properly. It's in night view at 8:30ish am, even though the sun rose hours ago, it changes to daylight view for a few hours during the day, but come 5:30pm or thereabouts, it goes back into night mode. As I said, it was working fine until I foolishly upgraded to version 3.0, but the crash seems to have had some lasting effects. I've tried resetting it, I've reinstalled firmware 2.70, 2.82b, and I'm now trying 3.1, but the auto daylight saving mode and auto colour are not working properly. Anyone else with the same probs?

Cheers.
Wildie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you set it too UTC if so turn it too 24hr UTC time is GMT and thats always 1hr behine BST, UTC will over ride the other settings.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: