Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera capture POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera capture POI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninja21
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera capture POI Reply with quote

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong place I have a second user go 300 with capture poi on the main menu, when selected loads poi info for cameras then gives me lots of different cameras to load, and when you select say mobile it then gives all the speeds for mobiles ie 30,40,50 and so on. Do i need to select each application and each speed variation each time i switch on the tom tom because thats what seems to be the case.

thanks Dave
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is "capture POI" some sort of add-on? I don't remember seeing that on TT before?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should only offer you the type of camera/ speed of camera and direction when you press the icon to store the camera location, it certainly should not be running through this routine every time you switch the device on!
Peter, this is the camera position capture software Lutz created and was released on the same day as the last PocketGPSWorld meet (Nov 26 - 2005 IIRC).
Have a read of http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/poicapture.php for more information on the installation and use of the software - Mike
Ninja21
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I may have explained myself incorecctly on my first screen i have the capture poi icon when i press this it loads and then shows me all the different types of cameras, and if i select say gatso it gives me the different speed variations, and when i selected the gatso 30 mph for instance it loads those into the gps. I then plan a short route of where i know there are various gatsos and when doing the route demo it only shows the one camera i loaded ie gatso 30 mph and not gatso 40 and so on along my route, I must say i havent driven the route yet. I would have thought that the gps would auto load all cameras, fixed temp gatso trevelo and so on?

Dave
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, You need to have the PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera database loaded and configured to be warned of the existing cameras, the POICapture is an aid to allow you to record the position of existing and new cameras, then submit them to the site.

If you are sucessful with the first submission of a new fixed camera site you will qualify for a free lifetime membership.

The software on the PDA cannot work out what speed or type of camera was selected when you hit the buttons to store the loacation, it simply knows the position, hence the alert. The site can decode the information when submitted. I hope this makes the "mud" a little clearer? - Mike
Ninja21
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike thanks, I understand now the POI capture is a tool for, say im driving along and see a camera that the tom tom doesnt pickup this is possibly because its new or hasnt been reported previously. I then do a capture and upload the info to the site? Like i said previously I havent been out with the Tom Tom as yet because im not able to drive yet due to a broken collar bone Sad

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: