Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REPEAT-LAST-INSTRUCTION FEATURE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REPEAT-LAST-INSTRUCTION FEATURE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: REPEAT-LAST-INSTRUCTION FEATURE Reply with quote

If the screen is touched in Driver Safety mode in CP 6.0.1.68, it speaks the last instruction. I am not sure if this is new, but I never discovered it in any previous version. This is useful in case of mis-hearing an instruction.

The only reservation is that it still repeats the instruction after the turn in question has been passed. It's a minor point, I know, but it would seem better if the repeat was turned off after the turn.

It is good to see that there is some development activity regarding Copilot, although it seems curious that nice little touches such as this are apparently being given priority over fixing some of the problems.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expanding on Ponderous' observation. The last message is repeated only if you tap the message text on the screen, if you press the lower portion of the screen, you get the menu. So the menu is easily selectable too.

This behaviour is not restricted to the blue safety screen, if you tap the message at the top of the screen it is repeated (regardless of view mode).

It is always the message at the top of the screen which is repeated, not POI or Safety alerts.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil01 writes:

Quote:
... if you tap the message at the top of the screen it is repeated (regardless of view mode).

Not on mine - at least, not so far. This sounds a little bit like the hardware buttons, which toggle between daylight and night views and adjust the volume. They work intermittently, and it seems possible that the Repeat-Last-Instruction facility has similar problems.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem that way; although I have never had the problems with the buttons to select day/night or volume either.

I wonder if it is linked to the harware or OS?
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there's another, similar(ish) problem - which also applies both to the Repeat-Last-Instruction feature and to the hardware button functions described. That is that they don't work, in Driver Safety Mode, after the map appears as the vehicle approaches a turn or roundabout - on my hardware/OS, that is.
GrimBeard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Volume Buttons Reply with quote

Hi Neil01

Which buttons on a Mio 168 control the volume?

GB
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Volume Buttons Reply with quote

GrimBeard wrote:
Hi Neil01

Which buttons on a Mio 168 control the volume?

GB

Sorry, not strictly buttons, but up/down on the little joystick (or whatever the little fiddly thing between the buttons is called). Move it left/right to change the display between day/night.

Until you asked your question, I never wondered what pressing the joystick in would do - now I know, it repeats the last instruction!
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had another drive today, and discovered that the last instruction is also intermittent (rather than not working at all) after the map appears as the vehicle is approaching a turn, roundabout, etc. That seems consistent, as it is when the maps are displayed that the hardware buttons are least likely to work.
GrimBeard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neil01

An amusing feature. I'm still using CP5, double the fun by reapeating the last instruction which inveriably has said just ahead bear left, when actually the road goes right.

Don't you just love technology

GB
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, GrimBeard, you must at least admire the consistency. 8O
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done some observation to try to see a little better when Copilot's Repeat Instruction, Daylight/Night Time and Volume Control facilities fail.

I haven't had a further occurrence of the Repeat Instruction failure when touching the display screen. However, I have had it fail frequently frequent via the hardware buttons, which also frequently fail with the other functions.

It appears that one condition under which the hardware button functions fail may be when the the buttons are pressed while the computer is processing a route calculation. However, they sometimes also fail when the computer is apparently idling.

Once they have failed, the hardware button functions become unavailable until one of two conditions occurs:

Arrow I change mode, e.g. from Driver Safety to Next Turn or vice versa.
Arrow The problem is cleared after some time if the programme is left running. The delay before this happens is inconsistent, and the circumstances are as yet unclear.

I post the above for what it way be worth. Further observations may or may not prove more conclusive.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: