Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Itinerary Planning" Anomoly
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Itinerary Planning" Anomoly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjandar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: "Itinerary Planning" Anomoly Reply with quote

TomTom Go 700 and a TomTom One.

I live in Seahouses (Northumberland) and I'm trying to plan an itinerary, using "City Centres" and "Fastest routs" as follows.

First destination - Sleights (North Yorkshire) - no problem.

Add the next destination - Burniston (North Yokshire) and change Sleights into a Waypoint - no problem.

Add the next destination - Staxton (North Yorkshire) and change Burniston into a Waypoint - no problem.

Add the next destination - Sleaford and change Staxton into a Waypoint - no problem.

Add the final destination - Cirencester and change Sleaford into a Waypoint - "ERROR DURING PLANNING" between home and Sleights.

Take out Cirencester and add Bristol, or any other place in the Cirencester/Bristol area, as the destination and again "ERROR DURING PLANNING" between home and Sleights.

BUT, take out Bristol and add Oxford or Poole or Brighton etc. as the final destinations - no problem.

The only way I can plan the route from my home to Cirencester is to add another Waypoint somewhere between Sleaford and Cirencester and then - no problem.

Why? Any thoughts?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most probably a map error that only manifests itself when you add certain legs to the route. Indeed the only workaround is to add another via point.

Maybe you can see how the intial leg is laid out, and if there are any unusual turns.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a problem in Itinerary if you choose "Town centres". TomTom seems toi think that the town centre is anywhere within a few miles. So if you actually want to visit the town you may find yourself directed down the by-pass.

If you really want to go to a point use Browse Map and choose the point itself. Zoom in to make sure that you have chosen the correct side of a dual carriageway, or you will progress in loops down the road!!
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
mjandar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this instance the "Town Centre" problem is not an issue - I just wanted to force the route to pass near to those villages/towns.

I have found so many permutations to create the same planning error and all seem to be based on a destination of the Cirencester/Bristol area being the problem. Although the TT says the error is at the start of the journey, it cannot be.

I'm stumped. OK, I'll accept it as "a mapping error", but a wiered and rather inexplicable one.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that route on the 606 map and it calculates without errors but on leaving Sleaford it then goes 20 miles back up country to Lincoln before going back down to Grantham !!

One great big loop!

Thats the craziest routing yet from TomTom.

Regards

Roger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: