Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin nüvi Models (300, 350, 310 & 36) What the differe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin nüvi Models (300, 350, 310 & 36) What the differe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostinweb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Smile
TGL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 310Deluxe Reply with quote

I just splashed out £399 for the Nuvi 310D (Deluxe) from Halfords. Nice bit of kit (but I would say that wouldn't I). Be warned that Halfords sell the 310 in different guises. There is the 310D which includes UK and Ireland maps pre-loaded, and the traffic avoidance functionality out of the box with a life-time subscription to the RAC FM Traffic Alert service. Halfords also sell the 310 which excludes the Traffic Avoidance bit for about £299(from memory), and then there is a £254 version which has no Traffic Avoidance nor has it got bluetooth.

Back to the 310D. With this release you not only get UK and Ireland maps pre-loaded on the Nuvi, you can also select areas of Europe and download those to your Garmin if you want from the supplied DVD's. An unlock code is provided as part of the £399 package.

Well, all roses so far...BUT, the down side is the speaker volume. I drive a Ford C-Max, and whilst driving directions come through at a satisfactory level, if you intend to hook the unit up to your mobile phone via bluetooth, then the caller on the other end is hardly audible. It it just about acceptable at max volume on the Nuvi, but then you get sound distortion.

Thumbs up for the functionality and accuracy of map data, but thumbs down for the mobile phone part. I would recommend hooking this unit up to your in-car audio system.
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGI said

Quote:
if you intend to hook the unit up to your mobile phone via bluetooth, then the caller on the other end is hardly audible. It it just about acceptable at max volume on the Nuvi, but then you get sound distortion.

Is this with the volume on the mobile phone turned up also?
Seeing as I have just bought a nuvi 310 due to it having bluetooth capabilities.

Regards....Dil

CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peeps.
Just to let you know, the volume on my bluetooth handsfree is fine.
I have it set 2 notches below the max and it works for me.
I'm also told by callers that my speech during phone calls is clear, even through that teeny weeny little inbuilt microphone. (One less lead to worry about :D )
Lovely jubbly.

CeeJay
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that info Ceejay.

Dil.. Thumbs Up

Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceejay have sent you a pm regarding poi`s.

Hi all have recieved my nuvi 310 and been having a bit of a play, havent tried it out yet though but that touch screen is handy and it paired up with my phone in an instant. Now we can get rid of some cables.

Also the wife wants to know why do I need the "other one" the i3 if I have this one....I can see an i3 going for sale somehow!!!Doh

Regards.....Dil

Vizbox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi Peeps.
Just to let you know, the volume on my bluetooth handsfree is fine.
I have it set 2 notches below the max and it works for me.
I'm also told by callers that my speech during phone calls is clear, even through that teeny weeny little inbuilt microphone. (One less lead to worry about :D )
Lovely jubbly.

CeeJay

Just a quick question.....

Would driving at 70 - 80 mph on motorways be too noisey for the Nuvi's speech ?
I drive a Ford Focus.

Cheers
TGL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:
TGI said

Quote:
if you intend to hook the unit up to your mobile phone via bluetooth, then the caller on the other end is hardly audible. It it just about acceptable at max volume on the Nuvi, but then you get sound distortion.

Is this with the volume on the mobile phone turned up also?
Seeing as I have just bought a nuvi 310 due to it having bluetooth capabilities.

Regards....Dil

Hi Dil,

I must clarify my point. The problem with the volume only really kicks in when driving at about 70 miles an hour. Normal town traffic means less ambient car noise, so the Nuvi performs fine in these conditions. As someone else has pointed out, having the volume at two notches below the max is fine for most driving. Unfortunately for me I'm on motorways usually when I get a call, so a bit of a pain.

TGL
charlie1553
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Alternitive to garmin 510d Reply with quote

Hi is was just about to buy the above and noticed your interesting posts. Do you recomend i buy this gps (i am looking for a machine with TMC & I can download traffic cameras) or is there another one out there. I dont rearly want to spend more than £400.
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi charlie1553,

I have been using the nuvi 310 for a while now and am very pleased with it, had a call the other day whilst on a dual carriageway
from my son and I could hear him ok, allthough I had to raise my voice a bit, was doing around 65 mph. If you require the TMC quite a few have gone for the nuvi 310 D, which has the TMC also and I think costs about a £100 more, though some have also pointed out poor reception in certain areas. The speedcams poi`s you can install on any of them and work fine on mine.
All in all a good piece of kit, nicely designed and as quoted on here a few times "Does what it says on the tin "

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: