Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
I'm still on firmware version 2.5 and have been since the beginning, (MaFt will probably back me up on that) and i have none of the problems that are talked about regularly in these forums over months now..

i can, and will back you up on that one fella!

and, ever since the beginning i've been intrigued by your name too... Rolling Eyes

MaFt
devon-surfer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I get mine back to version 2.70 ?
Scoobydooby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devon-surfer wrote:
How do I get mine back to version 2.70 ?

Tis here http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/streetpilot/sp_ix/

Click on the yellow down arrow 'updater' icon, and let it do its magic, you will need to back up your fav's with Easy GPS software, and reinstall your custom POI's.

A little background as to why you wish to revert might be beneficial to others, I assume, as this is the v3.00 thread, that you have had bad experiences with it, I am not in a good position myself to evaluate v3.00 as v2.90 was pretty much ok for me luckily.

Scoobs

I'd be lost without it !!
Davida2b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , last Bank Holiday i decided to use the I3 to navigate to Kinver Edge in the West Midlands , which is National Trust , using custom POI downloaded from a link on this forum . Unfortunately i ended up in a cul -de - sac with the wife laughing ! Still switched it off and found it around the corner ( but i did download 2.90 before hand , and have since took it back to 2.70 )
2.70 works for me ! a least when it say`s turn left , it is not the street before.
Dare i try 3.00 ?
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davida2b wrote:
Hi , last Bank Holiday i decided to use the I3 to navigate to Kinver Edge in the West Midlands , which is National Trust , using custom POI downloaded from a link on this forum . Unfortunately i ended up in a cul -de - sac with the wife laughing ! Still switched it off and found it around the corner ( but i did download 2.90 before hand , and have since took it back to 2.70 )
2.70 works for me ! a least when it say`s turn left , it is not the street before.
Dare i try 3.00 ?

Dont bother m8 i thought version 2.9 was up this new version 3. whatever makes my unit unusable.. i have to wait forever, lags. white screens switch on and off you name it has happened so far Twisted Evil ..
devon-surfer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI the main reason is that its very slow in showing the map, as stated in other threads, the speed is working but the maps are freezing.
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I upgraded from 2.70 to 2.90 and experianced similar problems to others here. Having upgraded to 3.00 i have noticed faster route calculation and recalculation (than 2.90), the units generally works faster within the menus and map refresh is also faster (than 2.90). No mis-routing issues.

So i would say an improvement
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just wondering whether it would be rasonable for people who are encountering problems to (apart from giving feedback here and to Garmin) try and reinstall v3.0 again manualy without using the updater to see if the problem is fixed before rolling back to 2.7. I am saying this as I haven't yet encountered a problem and I did the update manualy. Also there seem to be a lot of people here who are not having the same difficulties. It seems to me that there is some sort of inconsistency in the experience people are having with the firmware and I am wondering whether this is related to an error occuring during the update process or something to do with the voice version on the unit conflicting with the new firmware.
acefreecell
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just used the webupdater to go to v3 and will see how it goes tomorrow.

If I have probs, then I think I will try a manual update and see how that goes. Rolling Eyes

Motorola Defy with CamerAlert, NDrive 11, Co-Pilot Live and Google Maps

formally Garmin i3, Nuvi 200 and Origin BlueI
(Origin for sale)
Wildie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the web updater and all is fine not had a issue like before, but having said that whats this about updating the voice thingy the version on my i3 is still v2.0, is there another version for the i3?
Wildie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh forgot notice one thing the distance count down too a turn its so wrong,
ie i am at the lights and the nav says i am 200 feet away from turn yet its 30 feet and it dont go to zero feet till i have turned and drove up the new heading for another 50 feet.

that cant be right can it.
prasadm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded mine to V3 and I noticed that while on the motorway (M1) it now shows the next junction exit and place. In V2.9 on the top alert panel it showed M1 to M1, where as now it shows each approaching junction like J25,Sandiacre ( or Stapleford I don't remember exactly).

I noticed this while driving up north on M1. I don't know if this is a fix or even if this works on all Motorways.. It also showed the Watford Gap services..
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and reinstall v3.0 again manualy without using the updater to see if the problem is fixed before rolling back to 2.7.

I used webupdater, and so far have noticed no significant bugs, although i may have a look at the distance to turns, as i did not pay much attention to this when i trialed it.

Quote:
I am wondering whether this is related to an error occuring during the update process or something to do with the voice version on the unit conflicting with the new firmware.

What voice versions are people running? I'm assuming that the web updater deals with this and updates. my unit is running 2.0.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now contacted Garmin regarding the problems I've had with 3.0. Whilst thew White Screen and lock up have disappeared the unit is very slow to update the map. The roads name at the top of the screen and the speed and compass are fine but the map can be left several miles behind.

I've also suggested they implement a comprehensive problem report page where you are prompted for the settings used on your i3 as it might not be just down to the firmware but also the GPS Mode, Antenna vs no antenna, batteries vs power lead that is causing the problems and the fact that some users have no problems whilst others do.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Could someone please remind us of the best, or preferred, way to contact Garmin to report faults, problems etc.

I would have thought that it was better to put something in 'writing' i.e. email or similar, rather than just by making a 'phone call.

Having used Version 3.0 on a (mostly rural) 260 mile journey yesterday, my main concern is the too long a distance in advance of a junction when I am finally prompted to turn left or right.

It behaved well on roundabouts, but I found it very necessary to glance at the screen on more than one occasion to ensure that I took the correct turning at a road junction.

Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: