Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darrah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also what is Eggnos?
Does anybody else find the distances quoted between places to be wholly inaccurate, From my house to a friends is said by garmin to be 52ish miles when in fact it is nearer 80.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Eggnos question please have a read through THIS it will explain far more than just this one parameter.

For map updates, what version of map is your i3 using at the moment? (Settings/ Map/ Map Source) if it is version 7 then you can get a free upgrade by contacting Garmin (you need to send off the little Transflash card to them for upgrade) if it states version 8 then you have the latest map for the unit.

Distances are calculated in a straight line, something the Romans tried to do when road building began some time ago, sadly the roads are no longer straight and the actual route distance can be considerably different - hence the discrepancy you are seeing, I had to drive 9 miles on Saturday to cover a 3 mile distance for the same reason - Mike
karlr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a Streetpilot i2...and updated the FW to 3.10. Where do I get the old Firmwares, just in case 3.10 plays up?

So far today (UK), no complaints with it..accuracy etc is spot on.
mikemccafferty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to get an accurate milage from streetpilot. first switch off gps, then set current position (your start point) then navigate to your destination when complete go to review turns press the centre wheel once then advance to last turn this gives you time for journey and milage based on directions your streetpiolot has worked out.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try page 3 of this thread.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry.
Quote:
Try page 3 of this thread.
was meant for karlr
Samsung Galaxy S21
karlr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning! Thankyou Anita. :D

I had my first "Streetpilot crash" today using v3.10 on a route that worked perfectly well with 2.90 yesterday.

Going round a roundabout, I heard "take second ex..", and then nothing for the rest of the route. When I got to my destination, I looked at the screen on my i2 and it was stuck on that roundabout, with the instruction on screen.

I ended up powering down and back up..then it took ages to find a satellite lock. Then on a dead straight road, it suddenly told me to "turn right" and "take the 3rd exit at the roundabout".

There is no roundabout in that area..we just cracked.. Laughing Back to 2.x she goes.
galaxy111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: v. 3.0 Firmware Installed Reply with quote

I've just bought a second Streetpilot i3 (for my daughter) on the latest deal from Comet at £99 - a bargain, and was pleased to find that it's the older version with the City Navigator v.8.0 maps on a mini SD card, which means I can load up plenty of additional POI's without a problem. What isn't so good is the fact that it's version 3.0 of the software that is also loaded. I've always used v 2.7 of the software on my first i3 and have never been tempted to upgrade it, thanks largely to the feedback on this website about other owners tales of woe.

So my question is - should I immediately reload v 2.7 to overwrite the installed v 3.0, or am I better upgrading to v 3.1? There doesn't seem any point in leaving it as it is. Any comments please from people that have tried the upgrades.
darrah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded V3.1 and as yet had no real problems with it,my map version is also #8.
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly would. I've tried all versions and you can't beat 2.7.
mikemccafferty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: v. 3.0 Firmware Installed Reply with quote

galaxy111 wrote:
I've just bought a second Streetpilot i3 (for my daughter) on the latest deal from Comet at £99 - a bargain, and was pleased to find that it's the older version with the City Navigator v.8.0 maps on a mini SD card, which means I can load up plenty of additional POI's without a problem. What isn't so good is the fact that it's version 3.0 of the software that is also loaded. I've always used v 2.7 of the software on my first i3 and have never been tempted to upgrade it, thanks largely to the feedback on this website about other owners tales of woe.

So my question is - should I immediately reload v 2.7 to overwrite the installed v 3.0, or am I better upgrading to v 3.1? There doesn't seem any point in leaving it as it is. Any comments please from people that have tried the upgrades.

try it first if it works ok leave well enough alone if u get problems then go back to 2.7
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any knowledge of 3.2?
bluebell3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: i3 - v 3.0 Camera files will not load Reply with quote

Hi there
Followed Anitas instructions to the letter and did find the files in csv format but device says I have too many POIs-Are UK camera files pre-loaded on this device?IF so they do not work on my device-If not, i cannot install then as it says I have too many POI's-How do I delete unwanted POI's in order to install the camera files.
bluebell3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have some how managed to load the files-only prob is that the alert is triggered at 19 mph in a 30 area so its boing boing almost constantly. how can I access the files to alter the setting-i thought that the i3 may have been shon in My computer but it doesnt#
Sorry to be such a pain
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd used the search button (above) and typed in 19 mph, and clicked on 'search for all terms' you'd have found pages and pages of posts, showing this question has been asked, and answered, many, many, many times before.

When you use POILoader to transfer the POIs to your i3, on the screen where you select the directory where the POI files are to be found, make sure you also change the units from metric to feet and mph. Also, in the i3's settings menu go to Units and make sure Statute is selected.
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: