Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5.2 on C600 is RUBBISH! Some Upgrade!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5.2 on C600 is RUBBISH! Some Upgrade!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHR15
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: TomTom 5.2 on C600 is RUBBISH! Some Upgrade!! Reply with quote

Hi,
I used TomTom on my trusty old C500 with no problems.

I upgraded my phone and am using TomTom 5.2 on my new C600.

On the Whole it woks..... BUT

I cannot enter my own Postcode. I am in Bristol in BS32 *** but it only appears to have ONE BS Postcode available. Not only can I not input my own postcode, but I can't even scroll to it (because the list only contains ONE BS Postcode)
I have been through this on here before and we decided then, that the C600 is just a poor phone!

Secondly I cannot Navigate to a POI from within TomTom.
A message says, One Moment Please for about a minute and it drops out of the program. I have to Reboot the phone to get it working again!!

Both of these were fine on my C500 but the C600 is rubbish.

I dont like the phone too much as it is just so slow to do anything.
Even trying to reply to a one word text message brings up the silly spinny coloured thing for a few seconds.

For info, I have reloaded TomTom and the Postcode Folder but the same results

Any Ideas before this thing goes on Ebay?? Evil or Very Mad
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, hold on there. I use my C600 with TT and its fine, postcodes work, POIs work.

What ROM version are you using? If you have the AKU2 update (for push email) then there have been some problems. My ROM is 5.1.70.14402 which was out of the box and its fine. When I upgraded to AKU2 before it was hopeless - constantly crashing etc. Try getting a replacement or see if you can downgrade (although I am not sure you can).

HTH
CHR15
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Reply gstenson.

Could you please confirm for me that you can enter BS32 as a postcode?

My postcodes mostly do work, just not my ones in Bristol!!

Also my POI's will work, unless I am travelling on a route and then try to find a nearest point (petrol station for example), then it just crashes.

I dont know haow to find out what ROM I am using. It is as it was out of the box. It wont have the AKU Update though as I didnt bother with it. I wouldn't use that email function so I never bothered to update it (unless it does it on its own!!??)

Thanks again
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any movement on this issue? I've a C600, and it does have the AKU2 update; however, I've managed to weasle the application unlocker from the Orange Dev folks, in case that's needed as well, Laughing Out Loud, so info'd be appreciated Smile Thanks in advance Smile
jeffcooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Hi - I don't know wether you've found this - but the crashing only seems to occur with the tomtom official poi lists - if you create/download your own, they seem to work fine. Also, I had the exact same problem on the C500, but on that phone, it literally hung the phone, whereas with the C600 the tomtom application gets shutdown. It also doesnt seem to have anything to do with size of storage card, wether most of the application is in the phones memory (ie my documents) or on the card, how many maps etc you've got. The only common factor seems to be the actual size of the POI file. Have you noticed also that the tomtom poi file is not in the same format as a third party one - ie poiedit doesn't seem to understand it?
HItman_Botelle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know I had this problem. The upgrade for TomTom v5.2 does not upgrade the poi.dat file and they are in the old format. Follow the instrutions in: -
http://www.modaco.com/TomTom_Mobile_on_c600l-t230706-s30.html

I hope this helps
CHR15
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply HItman_Botelle.

Seems quite long winded but nevertheless is a fix.

Looking forward to trying it out when I get a chance (would still like to know if anyone can enter BS32 as a postcode in TomTom 5.2 on a C600 though Smile

Thanks
HItman_Botelle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am able to list the BS32 postcodes. But I do only get 4 BS32 codes, they are: - BS32 0, BS32 4 BS32 8 and BS32 9!

Just to let you know I have been using TomTom 5.2 now for about 5 Months on my C600 using a Rikaline GPS-6031-X7 Bluetooth Receiver.

After the initial problems, once it is configured it has worked without a hitch ever since.

If anyone does have a problem, post it and I will try my best to help sort it!

Happy Navigations :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: