Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Moving track files between PC and PocketPC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving track files between PC and PocketPC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceemjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Moving track files between PC and PocketPC Reply with quote

Anyone else had problems or succeeded moving track files between a PC and PocketPC?

Walked today and recorded the track data. Now back home the PC doesn't see the track file on the PPC. If I try to move it manually to the PC and open it I get an Integer Overflow.

Any ideas anyone
ceemjay
hp1975
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceemjay,

I too am having this problem, fugawi support are next to useless. I have and 80 mile track I recorded on my PDA phone and want to transfer it to the PC. It doesnt even show up in the PDA library! I had to manually copy it and load it into Fugawi on the PC and then I get the Integer Overflow error! I dont see how the file can be corrupt as it looks fine on the PDA.

So there must be someone out there who has had this problem and fixed it? Come one help Ceemjay and me out with out Fugawi tracks. :O)

Cheers

HP
ceemjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HP

Given that is now 3 months since I posted this my assumption is that only a handful of people who use Fugawi are registered on this forum! Are they anywhere else or have only a handful of people actually bought Fugawi??

Given the other comments on Fugawi support why would anyone buy it - especially with the limited map size? Having said that the Mobile version does seem better than Memory Map's but that doesn't make up for the other limitations.

Come on Fugawi redeem yourselves by giving better support and Fugawi users support the forum (or tell me where there is a better one)!!

Clive
havnfun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Fugawi user and I really like to program for PPC use. Have had the program for a few years now and I use it while I am hunting to map new logging roads(via tracks). Are you sure you are looking for the track on the PPC in the proper location??? Is it stored on your SD/Compact Flash card?? You can't just copy the file to the pc as it needs to do some converting first. Try finding the file and putting it into a track library on one of your cards and then look for it via the pda library function. Make sure that the file is not showing ~rk instead of Trk for the extension.
I love the program myself. Just wished they would come out with newer more detail maps. I use the PPC on my 4wheeler. I just wish there was an option to make the tracks a permanent road on the map.

Havnfun
pathh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: move track file from pocket PC to fugawi running on pc Reply with quote

Key to transfer from PocketPC (pocket pc PDA GPS) to desktop navigator is Forms - PDA library.

Very obscure and found only by trial and error when I happened to have the PDA plugged in. In my case, Navman Mio168 (tracks stored in fugawi/maps subdiretory on a storage card), Windows Active Sync 4.5.0 BETA, Windows XP prof, Fugawi 3.2.0.699 .

In more detal, from the desktop PC running Fugawi, use Select Forms - PDA library, comes up with 'connecting' message, then PocketPC Data Exchange menu, which has tracks tab. Select it, and you can transfer tracks - somehow it found the directory without my looking for it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: