Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT910 UK Users First Impressions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT910 UK Users First Impressions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosiei
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jean wrote:

Only problem I am having is that when used through my phone, I can hear them clearly but they say I am muffled.

Hi

Tried to take my 910 back to PC World today because I also had problems with people hearing me via bluetooth. Apparently they have had 3 back because of this in the last week. Unfortunately no PC Worlds have any new TT left and they are waiting for a new load to come in--Apparently Tom Tom have had to recall some untis that were shipped with wrong language instructions etc ???

They have let me bring the 910 home to use until these new ones are in and then they are going to exchange mine.

So I guess this is another fault on several of the new Tom Toms !!
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I opened mine it had all the wrong language instructions but I was helped out by the lovely gentlemen on this forum.

I am more than happy with mine and if the phone calls are the only problem then it is not the end of the world as I have a handsfree kit in the car anyway. Just liked the idea of the gadget Smile
PatC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosiei wrote:
They have let me bring the 910 home to use until these new ones are in and then they are going to exchange mine.

It will be interesting to hear if the handsfree performance is any better when you get a replacement. I'd be very surprised if it is.
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatC wrote:
rosiei wrote:

It will be interesting to hear if the handsfree performance is any better when you get a replacement. I'd be very surprised if it is.

I was hoping this feature had been improved on the x10 series...... hey ho Rolling Eyes

Chris
PatC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris_w wrote:
I was hoping this feature had been improved on the x10

It certainly needs to be. It's one of the few things that lets the x10 series down quite badly. I have no idea if it is even possible to improve this via a firmware update but I hope so.
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatC wrote:
chris_w wrote:
I was hoping this feature had been improved on the x10

It certainly needs to be. It's one of the few things that lets the x10 series down quite badly. I have no idea if it is even possible to improve this via a firmware update but I hope so.

Not sure - some of it will be coding. On my 700 the microphone is totally crap though. So if this hasn't improved.......

Chris
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used the Bluetooth on previous GOs before always prefering to use my BT Headset,

I decided to give it a go with the new 910 as it had the external Mic,

I must say I figured I would give it up after 10 mins, but after a week+ I have dumped my BT Headset in favor of the 910.

People have said it sounds clearer, its easier to use and i really like the onscreen phonebook.

I use a SE v800 so dont get Caller ID on the TomTom as it seems that SE dont support that feature, but everything else is great, I really would not consider going back to a headset now.

I heard there is going to be a patch at sometime which will allow the calls to come thru car speakers (I have 910 wired to card headunit), and at the moment the calls are restricted to the 910 speaker. which will hopefully just make it even better.

But personally I now find this another ++ on the 910

Cheers

Richard
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone succeeded in attaching x10 to a mount other than the standard windscreen sucker? I want to buy a 910 but really would prefer it to be out of the windscreen area, attached to an air grille bracket or similar, especially after reading some of the comments here about difficulty using the mount and vibration of the unit.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MrGumby.

Unfortunately the windscreen mount has all the connections for the power supply, audio out, microphone in and external antenna. All the gadgets & gizmo's plug into the mount and not the unit, Crying or Very sad and the unit then 'plugs in' to the mount.
So far no one (not even Tom Tom) has made a dash type mount but it would have to include the socket for all the in's and out's.
Rumour has it that Brodit are assessing the validity of manufacturing a dash type mount in the near future.
I personally would have preferred all the sockets on the unit then I could have adapted one of the many mounts that are already out there.
Needless to say I hate my Sat Nav anywhwere on the windscreen, so like you, I'm waiting for a 'proper' mount to be manufactured..

CeeJay
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi MrGumby.
Unfortunately the windscreen mount has all the connections for the power supply, audio out, microphone in and external antenna. All the gadgets & gizmo's plug into the mount and not the unit, Crying or Very sad and the unit then 'plugs in' to the mount.
So far no one (not even Tom Tom) has made a dash type mount but it would have to include the socket for all the in's and out's.
Rumour has it that Brodit are assessing the validity of manufacturing a dash type mount in the near future.
I personally would have preferred all the sockets on the unit then I could have adapted one of the many mounts that are already out there.
Needless to say I hate my Sat Nav anywhwere on the windscreen, so like you, I'm waiting for a 'proper' mount to be manufactured..
CeeJay

Thanks, CeeJay, that's really helpful. Think I'll wait until a dashboard mount is available, by which time some of the s/w glitches I read about may have been fixed and the price may have come down.
MrG.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sg16 wrote:

Next job to install PW Safety cameras.

Mike Alder has authored PocketGPSWorld.com speed camera downloading instructions for the TomTom GO 910.

Find them here.

Thanks Mike!
iyad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me how do I get these two machines see each other's bluetooth. Looked at TT website and it does not show SE910 as a supported mobile. Anyone know how to deal with this?
gpstart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Opinions Reply with quote

TomTom confirmed to me a few days ago that there is a known fault with the remote control of the 910. There will apparently be a software fix out for this.

This is the problem: After using the remote for a few minutes, the TomTom unit fails to respond to the remote control. Switching off and on the TomTom unit makes it work again. Until the same problem occurs again.

By the way, does anybody ever use the remote? Would like to know if anybody has an application for this?

OK, onto my own opinions of TomTom 910

Screen update is too slow. I read somewhere this might have something to do with speed camera POI's or something. Need to look into this.

Screen mount is ok. Although my wife was unable to remove TomTom from the mount. So I guess this is bad. And I've read that other people are complaining. I've also noticed the TomTom drops down when going over bumps. I suppose I could resolve this by rotating the mount.

I had to return my first 910 due to screen problems. White was coming up with purple shades. Not a good start.

Sound is great. Load and clear.

Hands free is great.

Text to speech is the best I've heard. Some quirks but I can live with it. I'm sure it will improve over time with newer releases.

Was majorly impressed to find that there are street level maps of Istanbul to Ankara in Turkey. This isn't publicised on the TomTom site. You can actually navigate all the way to Turkey with no problem. Gives a taste of what is to come.

I was also very very impressed with the fact that US maps are supplied.

Lots of free accessories included. I hate it when you buy something (ipod for example) and the you are let down by having to by basic plugs/wires etc. Not so with TomTom.

Love the fact that a TMC adaptor can be purchased.

Ipod control is very useful. So they are listening to the customers. Good to see. Actually, I’ve always felt that TomTom have always succeeded by giving us what we want.

QuickFix is a great idea enabling immediate sat fixes via a GPRS connection.

Love the speed limit warning indicators. A Good safety feature. You always know what the speed limit is with blink of an eye.

Not that I use it, but TomTom buddies is a great idea. Navigate to Wife/friend etc etc. How cool is that!! I'm thinking perhaps in a breakdown situation. GPRS data connection prices need to come down though for these extra features to get used more by people.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: