Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Palm T3 TomTom 5.201 (5344) - TOMTOM safety screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Palm T3 TomTom 5.201 (5344) - TOMTOM safety screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KennethChan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Palm T3 TomTom 5.201 (5344) - TOMTOM safety screen Reply with quote

I have a problem which has recently occurred with my tomtom, I get the following error message "Fatal Exception" when I exceed the speed limit set of the "Safety Map display". I have it currently set at 60mph and when I exceed this speed I get the "Fatal Exception" error message. To resolve this problem I remove the SD card and delete the navigator program from the Palm T3 and insert the SD again and reconfigure the tomtom settings. The alternative is switch off the "Safety Map display".

I have noticed that I get this problem when I am driving in a particular part of the motorway, I start my journey from London coming off the M1 Junction 24 to join the A50 toward stoke on trent, I seem to get this problem then. Previous to this section of the journey the "safety map display" works fine. After this section of the journey I constantly get the "fatal exception" even with a soft reset to restart the palm after the "fatal exception" message.

I run the tomtom off the SD card

Palm T3 TomTom 5.201 (5344)
Free Ram 8.2mb
GPS driver v1.20
Map - britain-map v562

Can anyone help ?
I think the "Safety Map display" is the problem, this is just a gutt feel

Ken
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very detailed report. We will make TomTom aware of that one.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really does sound bizarre!

I don't use the safety screen myself so I have no experience of anything similar (and it is a difficult one to test easily).

On the assumption that Tomtom will never fix it, I guess the obvious work around is to either a) set a higher speed for the screen to cut in and/or b) slow down at stoke on trent. ;)
Ispofe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Palm T3 TomTom 5.201 (5344) - TOMTOM safety screen Reply with quote

KennethChan wrote:
I have a problem which has recently occurred with my tomtom, I get the following error message "Fatal Exception" when I exceed the speed limit set of the "Safety Map display". I have it currently set at 60mph and when I exceed this speed I get the "Fatal Exception" error message.
Ken

Hi Ken is the safety map display the one that only shows the next turn display when you go above a set limit and returns to the regular map when below that limit?. If this is so I have a Palm T3 and I get the same fatal exception error whenever I use it, I always have to soft reset after it happens and problem is solved. Unlike you it happens on any road and occurence is random. So I rarely use that feature now.
7272Andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizarre is a good description; I use the same screen, set at 60mph , and have never experienced a problem Exclamation Presumeably this just means I'm lucky :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: