Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman database download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman database download

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackthou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Navman database download Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm afraid my head is spinning. I used to download the info with no problems. I've just become a subscribed member to download the database. Downloaded it ok. It says it is zipped but I can't unzip it. My Navman 520 won't talk to it. Been trying and reading all the guides for the past 2 hours to no avail. What am I doing wrong? PLEASE
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should unzip it on your PC. What unzip programme are you using? Good old Winzip works fine for me.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Blackthou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Download problem Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. There is no extension to the file I've downloaded, so it won't unzip. Tried downloading all the files individually but they also haver no extensions. Can't find anyrthing to open any of them.
Cheers
Rick
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of Windows are you using?
If XP, there is an inbuilt utility to unzip the download.
First thing though is to go into Windows Explorer's preferences (Tools / Folder Options / View) and make sure you have UNTICKED "Hide extensions for known file types". When you've done that, post back with the full name of the file(s) you've downloaded.
Blackthou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Hidden extensions etc Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm running XP Proffessional. I followed you instructions and the box was unticked. I've followed the Navman link and then downloaded the file "downloadcameras". When that failed to work I've subsequently downloaded all the other option ie single speed etc with no luck either.

On the GPS download page there is a reference to I believe 3rd April 2006. Did something change with systems about that date? I've been on the Navman site and it says there was an update for the 520. I downloaded that file, used the update 520 facility, it saids synchronising but don't know if it did anthing. Either way it shouldn't stop me downloading your database. As I said before, never had any problems prior to having to subscribe.

Thanks for your continued assistance

Rick
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just add '.zip' to the end of the Filename. It usually works. It seems to be a feature that the extension is stripped off during the download, probably by the security programs that safeguard you while on the WWW.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Blackthou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Sucess Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. That seems to have done the trick. Did what you said and now I can see the attachments. Why it would strip the extension is beyond me but hopefully I'm there now. Thanks to you and your team for the support.

kind regards

Rick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: