Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dell PDA Car kits - Charging
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dell PDA Car kits - Charging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkyspider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Dell PDA Car kits - Charging Reply with quote

Hi. I have ordered a Dell X50v and will be buying a GPS receiver/Car mount.

The two GPS modules I've been looking at are GlobalSat BT 338 and Holux 236 GPSlim. Both these come with a cig point charger, but I'll obviously be wanting to charge my PDA from there. What I'm looking for is a powered PDA holder which will allow me to also take a wire from the holder to the GPS receiver.

Does anyone know of a PDA Car mount, vent or window (or ideally a choice of both) which will allow me to charge my X50v and one of the mentioned GPS receivers from a single plug in the cigarette power point.

One additional question, are the speakers on the Dell X50v's powerful enough not to need a mount with a built in speaker, if not the the mount also needs a speaker Smile

Many thanks for my first question
Martin.
mrgrumpy23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Dell with Dell software and reciever. This comes with an adaptor to charge the PDA and reciever.

I find the volume OK on the Dell (the voice is a bit tinny but this actually is an advantage) but I don't have the ICE very loud and drive with the windows shut.

HTH

mrgrumpy23 Driving
Scary5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the £35 car monunt from GPSfor less http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/search.php?page=2&st=category|In-Car%20Mounts
and have found it very good it does have a cable that connects to the mount and to ther GPS receiver.

You will find a very useful discusion re cart mounts and volume at
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34362&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Hope this helps.

Dell Axim x51:HTC Touch Diamond: TomTom Wireless GPS MkII: Navigator 6.0130
mrgrumpy23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought; get a mount with a swivel. I have a vent mount and have it set up on the vent in the centre console. This cuts down the number of times the sun shines on the screen, but the screen is still almost invisible when the sun is shining on a passenger who is wearing light coloured clothing.

mrgrumpy23 Driving

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: