Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony NV-U50 Theres is a way to add Camera Locations POI Etc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony NV-U50 Theres is a way to add Camera Locations POI Etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-rob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fellas

Can anyone help?

I am running version 1.05 of the software. I have followed the instructions to the letter. However, something is not quite right.

When I approach a gatso, I get a symbol appear in the middle of the taskbar, bit its not the correct one, it's red and has the filename inbedded in it?

I also get a "bing" sound, so POI Obs looks like its picking the cameras up fine, but not playing the correct wav file?

When I ran POI configurator, I didn't get any error messages and the log file looks like it worked ok.
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the path you gave the configurator doesn't actually point to where the picture and sounds are on your PC. It doesn't check when you run it that there's anything actually at the path you told it, it just goes ahead.

So have a look at your configurator settings to make sure you got that bit right is all.
doc-rob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dippy for replying.

I've now sorted the problem. When the instructions said you had to put a "." infront of the filename e.g. .gatso.bmp, I thought you needed to put a pathname to this file on your PC.

However, thinking about it, that was stupid. It just needs the filename with a "." before it.

Has anyone managed to do anything with custom voices yet. I noticed that somebody earlier in this thread mentioned it.
dazfoz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Big thanks guys for the time and efforst that you have all put into creating this "Feature" that Sony were too lazy to do.

I'm just about to begin the installation, it is a while since your 'instructions'. Have you changed your method of working since writing, or are the full instructions still the best way of getting speed camera POI up and running?

Would you reccomend the software update from sony? or best to leave as is?

Thanks

Daz
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions still stand, and it makes no odds which version of the Sony software you run. But update it BEFORE you do all the work otherwise you'll have to some again.

The only addition I'd now make is that it's easier to get the thing running each time you start up than I implied before.

Now the sequence is:
Turn it on (duh)
Click at the lower left
Click on the POI tab
deactivate
click standalone
activate
deactivate
click virtual
activate
close poi

Long winded written down but actually it's just a few keys and you're all set.

I've also added in some tourist info using this thing, not just speed cameras, so as I roam around the country it tells me about interesting pubs/castles/bookshops or whatever. Just got the longitude and latitude for them from Google Earth and made some appropriate voice files. All good fun.

Remember there is a paid alternative - POI Warner, and there are threads on doing that here. Seems to be easier to install, but maybe affects performance? This POI Observer thing doesn't affect performance visibly at all I don't feel.

Probably will sell the unit anyway soon, if the new 80 is any good.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: