Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One XL Europe SD Card Issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One XL Europe SD Card Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redcam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: TomTom One XL Europe SD Card Issue Reply with quote

Hi,

Searched for answer but couldn't quite find the answer although similiar things appear to be around. I linked the TomTom to my computer via Home v2 and went to update it but after downloading updates it said there was insufficient room. I have added the SD card to it and then re-linked it to my computer and it successfully added the updates etc but then when i tried to use the TomTom i got map not found. The TomTom works fine without the SD card. I have since deleted the stuff off the SD card but now it won't work if i put the SD card back in. Do i need to put some files onto the SD card and once its fixed should i put some stuff on the SD but leave some stuff on the TomTom internal memory? Eg move the maps onto the SD card?

Thanks,
Cam.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ONE XL can only use EITHER the internal flash memory OR the SD card. If you want to use the SD card you have to copy EVERYTHING (including the system files (the actual program)) onto the card, and the unit will then boot from the card. Use Windows Explorer, not Home, to copy it all. You will probably have to re-activate your map, so have the activation code ready.
redcam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok, thanks. I guess it means having the 1GB SD card is pretty pointless with the size of the map? Or is there some stuff i can safely remove to make some space?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the ONE XL map and the latest software *just* fitted into 1GB. You might need to delete some or all of the foreign voices.

In fact it SHOULD fit on the internal memory too, but IIRC it needed more space than was available while it was actually installing. There's probably something on the TT support site now, as others must have had the same problem.
redcam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought so too but... . Anyway thanks for help, will post back if i find out anything useful.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try deleting the voices (all the dataxx.chk files EXCEPT data.chk, data04.chk and data05.chk) and see if that gives you enough room.
(Always back up first!!!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: