Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Odd error with my icn530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd error with my icn530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirCooledHeaven
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Odd error with my icn530 Reply with quote

Hi

Just had my 530 a couple of days so still in 'new toy' mode and playing around with it.

I've found a small niggle in the speed safety alert page (preferences-safety alerts-safety) if I set the speed to 30mph and save it, if I return to the page it says 25mph. In fact whatever speed I set, when I return to the page the value is 5mph lower. I tried it on the road and if I set 30mph on the screen it gives me a warning at 25mph and a 25mph icon. So it appears I have to set the alert 5mph above the actual alert speed I require.

Has anyone else with a 530 seen this problem??

Cheers
Livewireuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: speed niggle Reply with quote

All I can say is that when I first got my navman 530 this i noticed and when travelling on motorways I set it to 60 and it warned at 55 so I can only assume that this is a warning to let you know you are about to go over the speed limit as if it warned when speed limit may have been reached it may have been to late to slow down for speed cameras. Hope this helps. Question Exclamation Question
livewireuk
AirCooledHeaven
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my original post i've spoken to Navman and they confirmed it's a known software bug and will be fixed in the next service pack.

Seems a bit of a glaring glitch to slip through mind.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AirCooledHeaven wrote:
Seems a bit of a glaring glitch to slip through mind.

Navman software is made in New Zealand -- since NZ uses metric system, problems with imperial mode are not really that glaring for them.
grayi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently update my 530 on Navmans site and it reports the correct warning speed now. You do seem to need to reboot it though to report the correct speed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: