Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CAN'T SEE GPS - Ipaq 3975/Pocket PC2002/TomTom5/BT77 gps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CAN'T SEE GPS - Ipaq 3975/Pocket PC2002/TomTom5/BT77 gps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrickzero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: CAN'T SEE GPS - Ipaq 3975/Pocket PC2002/TomTom5/BT77 gps Reply with quote

Hi, Can you help?
I have the above config, and although my Bluetooth Ipaq sees the BT77 GPS unit, TomTom does not see any GPS signal. I have paired the GPS with my iPaq, which can see it. However, the connection does not seem to stay 'up' for long. I suspect the problem is to do with Com ports, but if I'm right I don't know how to change these. In Bluetooth Manager the Inbound Com Port is Com7 and the outbound is Com 8 - both these are greyed out and appear not to be changeable. In TOMTOM I have an option of Com 7 or Com 8 under thew 'other BT device.
I'm hoping this config will help me drive around Italy next week, so any quick fixes would be appreciated.
Patrick
patrickzero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Ha! Fixed the problem myself!
You need to set the TomTom software so it thinks it is using an 'other NMEA receiver', and set the BAUd RATe to 38400.
Suggest you unpair the device then start from scratch.
Found the fix on another board.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: