Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handnav.co.uk - Non Existent Customer Service - Be Wary
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handnav.co.uk - Non Existent Customer Service - Be Wary
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FishSlice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Handnav.co.uk - Non Existent Customer Service - Be Wary Reply with quote

Ordered a Brodit clip for my saab on the 5th January 2004. Received an email the same day saying "may take 5days for brodit clips" and one saying "will be processed within 48 hours". After reading about the problems sourcing the brodit clips I was aware of the situation.

What I do not expect however is for my emails requesting updates to be completely ignored, the telephone to be engaged every single time I have tried to ring in the last few days, and a complete lack of communication as to what is happening with my order.

10 working days later, I still do not have ANY communication from handnav, no clip and not a clue as to when it might arrive, if at all.

This is 2004 people, we have a choice from a plethora of communication mediums, pick one and use it to tell your customers what is going on.

There must be another company in the UK who distributes and sells Brodit clips/mounts ?

Si.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's frustrating. Previous experience showed that it can take up to four weeks. The last time I ordered a Proclip, I knew this, and resolved simply to leave the order alone for a month before trying to chase it. There were no updates - but eventually I got an email to say that the deferred order was released, and the clip turned up a couple of days later.

Clearly Handnav still have a problem dealing with at least some customer enquiries - though if you manage to contact them, the chances are that the only options they can offer you are to keep waiting or cancel.

Maybe what they need is a system that confirms they've ordered your Brodit products from the wholesaler - beyond that, it is really out of their hands.

I'm not sure there's any other companies from which you can buy these products in the UK. You can deal direct with the wholesaler, Nemesis, but they're really not set up to take end-user orders, and really it's frowned upon. Nemesis seem to have their communication rather more sorted out, though.

David
Paddlegod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Proclip delay Reply with quote

I've experienced a delay as well, but I haven't had any problems getting through on the phone. When I phoned this morning, I was asked if it was for an Audi TT (to which I had to reply "no" Crying or Very sad ) and was told that the distributors have nearly completed their backorders, and that my clip should arrive with Handnav tomorrow.

I guess the delay is due to all the shiny new PDAs and phones that got sold over Christmas and the sudden realisation that drilling holes in your dashboard is not such a good idea.
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are currently working on this issues and have been for past few months, but certainly we have not achieved our goal yet. We like to apologise to all our customers for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We do not have problems on delivering items on other products apart from few accessories, this is because we have to depend on our suppliers. We are designing a new admin section that will inform our customers on regular basis.

Once again, please accept my apology and thank you all for being patience and supportive in this time.

Regard
Chetan
twisted-pixel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: what customer service??? Reply with quote

I also ordered a brodit kit for my BMW, the whole thing arrived in a few days no problem except that the charger was damaged and wont lock into place, so if I go over a bump in the road it falls out.

I emailed handnav the morning I received the damaged part (ok this was a saturday), by 11 on the monday morning I had not had a reply, so I telephoned them.

The guy told me he had seen my email and was about to reply. He said that he would immediately send me out a returns form so that I could return the item, where he would test it and replace if necessary....test it??..one look will tell him that it's broken.

Anyway..I received nothing...three days later , I sent him another email..still no reply. so although the kit arrived within a week, it's completely useless to me!!!

I certainly wont use them again or recommend them to anyone else if this is their level of service.
roly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to have to add to the Handnav tales of woe but I ordered a Brodit cradle and bracket 11 days ago which I'm still waiting to be delivered. My main gripe is that, despite their claim that your credit card won't be charged until the goods are depatched, mine was charged 5 days ago.

I can understand that with the many brackets available there may be a delay with supplying for a particular vehicle but it would be nice to be kept informed. Their reply to emails seems to be somewhat lacking in speed.

It's a pity that the service from this company is so poor, particularly as they are selling such a good product. Maybe it's about time Brodit brought another UK retailer on board.
twisted-pixel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did eventaully receive a replacement car charger for the brodit mount and car kit that I ordered..only problem is...they replaced the unit with an equally useless charger that also doesn't work Crying or Very sad

What makes me suspicious was that the new one that arrived wasn't even in a bag or anything...it looked just like a unit that had previously been returned as being faulty.

I couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle of asking for a replacement considering that last time it took a few emails and a few phone calls...so I got a charger from a company called PDAbitz...£5.99 bargain...and it works!!!

Never again will I use HandNav, and wish I had read some of these posts before choosing them in the first place.....cos then I probably wouldn't have chosen them
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.... I wish I knew about pdabitz.co.uk the car charger i got was £15 plus p+p I could have got an identical one there for £5.99 plus £1.25 p+p Crying or Very sad
roly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mount and bracket have now arrived after a 15 day wait and, guess what, the wrong bracket was supplied. So an email to Handnav but still awaiting a reply 2 days later.

I just wish I could say some nice things about Handnav as, on the two occasions that I have spoken to Chetan, he seems a nice guy.

So I suppose I'll have to return the wrong bracket and hopefully wait for less than another 15 days for the replacement.
twisted-pixel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spoken to him and I agree, he seems like a decent chap...but all the decency in the world is no good if they just can't deliver.
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered Destinator PN from Handnav, showing in stock and still showing instock now 18.03.06. Ordered on next day delivery and not recieved by late afternoon, so I emailed with full details.

The following day, no reply email, no phone call, no delivery. Same today so far and not expecting any, judging by the messages of disgust on the web.

To take an order for £79.99 and charge £5.99 for next day delivery when you know you haven`t got the goods available to send is just criminal in my eyes. To not respond in any shape form or fashion to enquiries is the most heinous crime I can think of for a company to do.

I spent a lot of time on the phone to Handnav yesterday, engaged tones most of the time, then at least a dozen times the operator informs me the phone was put down at the other end. No, I`m sorry I do not believe claims that it is being sorted.

I am contacting the bank Monday to lodge a claim against this company. I will tell them all the dates and times I tried to contact them, the result(?) and ask for the payment to be stopped/refused/repaid.

Only the second company I have had problems with on the web, but Handnav and there staff certainly give other companies who deal on the net a bad name!
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using Incar Discount Limited for Brodit parts - www.incardiscount.co.uk

I have been satisfied with their service, and they do answer the telephone unlike Handnav

Robbins
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I sort my payment retrieval out from Handnav, via the bank, on Monday, I think I`ll give these guys a try. See if there next day delivery is not just a loose promise with no guaratee. Answering the phone is a plus too, be nice to find a company who treats the customers properly.
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Reider,

We have not charged or taken single penny from your credit card for the order that you placed with us for Destinator software. I am not quite sure why you claim that we have charged you for next day delivery and the item that you ordered.

You wrote:
Quote:
I am contacting the bank Monday to lodge a claim against this company. I will tell them all the dates and times I tried to contact them, the result(?) and ask for the payment to be stopped/refused/repaid.
Quote:
After I sort my payment retrieval out from Handnav, via the bank, on Monday, I think I`ll give these guys a try. See if there next day delivery is not just a loose promise with no guaratee

Yes, you have rights to express your openion, share good and bad experiences with others, but on factual points. You have also posted the forum on the page that is 2 years old, previous posting was on 01/03/2004.

We do clearly say on our Terms & Conditions that if we cannot deliver your order by Next Working Day then we would send your order on Free Delivery. Yes, we are at fault for not able to deliver your order by next working day for a reason but this is unfair for accusing us for taking the payment when we have not.

If you are very honest then we would be grateful to you if can inform us what did your bank say on Monday 20/3/06, there is no posting from you since 20/3/06.

Nina
Handnav Technology Limited
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally ordered, from your advertised web pag, which stated goods in stock and available for next day delivery. A point handnav have admitted on the phone since, the web pages are updated manually, I can only go by the information YOU supply. It was available according to this info, it was ordered on next day, it was initially charged for as next day.

As Handnav failed for a few days to acknowledge me I decided to go to the bank, no information forthcoming from Handnav at this point. On the day I was going to the bank Handnav phoned and apologised for the delay, offering free delivery at that point only. I accepted and said I would still take delivery of the goods by the Thursday am. I rang on Wednesday, the day before proposed delivery, to be told the goods were in stock but all Destinator orders had been sorted. Mine was again not one of them, this time the paperwork had been lost, at this point I cancelled the order.

I arranged with another company to purchase the goods on agreed next day delivery, thankfully this company 'came through' on time and as agreed. They also answered the phones too, very nice. I have other products of a similar nature to buy again in the near future, I know where I will be getting them from!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: