Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 6 Directories and Files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 6 Directories and Files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinyplastic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 6 Directories and Files Reply with quote

Hi All,

Looking to clean up my memory card, and trying to find some information on the copilot 6 directories (instructions seem to be lacking any technical details).

After a default install to the Storage Card, I seem to have ended up with:

{path} = Storage Card, (I am assuming also ?Program Files? or Storage depending on your install choice)

\{path}\2577\ (CAB file and license .dll's and license .txt's files)
\{path}\copilot\datacd\ (looks like downloaded map info)
\{path}\copilot\save\ (POI's, trp files and unlock.dat (license) )
\{path}\copilot\speech\ (Subdir by language with .ogg speech files)
\{path}\CoPilot Pocket PC (seems to be main .exe, .dll's and .bmp's)

1. I have moved computers since the intial install, so the CoPilot PC download, seems to have lost track of the downloaded data, can I wipe everything in \datacd\ and download only what I need?
2. Can I get rid of the CoPilot.ppc2003.CAB (and everything else) in the \2577 dir (or shall I say backup them to HD then delete Smile )
3. Do I need all the speech languages, and does anyone know if they will come back everytime I download new data? Do I even need them at all if I an using TTS?

Thanks for any insights.
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Shiny,

I'm not sure about deleting files but when I mucked my map data, I used the PC program to reinstall the UK map back on to my SD card. Use the data download wizard and select 'region' and then follow the on screen prompts. Just make sure you only have one copy of the map data installed on your device. when I first attempted to restore my map data I ended up with one copy on the SD card and one copy on the device's memory, which confused the hell out of CP6.

If I'm wrong Embarassed please someone correct me

Hope this helps

Tom
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: CoPilot 6 Directories and Files Reply with quote

shinyplastic wrote:

1. I have moved computers since the intial install, so the CoPilot PC download, seems to have lost track of the downloaded data, can I wipe everything in \datacd\ and download only what I need?

Yes, you can delete all or any part of the \copilot or \2577 directories on the SD card. They will be restored by Data Download from PC.
Quote:

2. Can I get rid of the CoPilot.ppc2003.CAB (and everything else) in the \2577 dir (or shall I say backup them to HD then delete Smile )

Yes, if you like. But the \2577 directory gets reloaded each time you include "QuickStart" with your data download. You should do this, it allows you to automatically re-install CP if your PDA suffers a hard reset while you are on a trip.
Quote:

3. Do I need all the speech languages, and does anyone know if they will come back everytime I download new data? Do I even need them at all if I an using TTS?

I think you are referring to the \speech\german, italian, etc, full of .OGG files. Yes, I think you are right, you could delete these (4.7meg) if you intend to use Text-To-Speech (TTS). You can certainly delete the language directories you aren't interested in. And the english would only be used if you somehow lost your TTS (I'm not really sure about the use of the OGG files).

The lazy way to take care of this is to ignore it all and let CP maintain the SD card as it wants to, maybe go to a larger card. But if you are determined to recover 10 or 20 more meg for maps you can hack away in these \speech and \2577 directories. I'm lazy.

Good luck.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
shinyplastic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug,

Yes I should get round to that new card! Unfortunatley I have been too lazy and need those maps for the weekend :D

Cheers,

Matt.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: