Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed camera data base question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed camera data base question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilko wrote:
I contributed quite a bit in the early stages of the pocket gps camera database back in the TomTom 2 and 3 days, and felt let down that my email requests for access went unanswered, so I purchased the TomTom subscription instead. Plus it has the added benefit that I can sit in my car on the drive, or in the main office, and use my WiFi networks, update the database, at the same time as downloading the traffic data from within TomTom, without having to bring it in and plug it into the computer. I've been pretty happy with it.

The TomTom database seems fairly complete, although there are a few errors which I've reported, its lightweight, and when you download it, they encrypt it to your device number so it can't be used on anyone elses device.

Sorry Wilko, only just spotted this. I'm also very sorry that your email was not responded to.

Maybe the email address you were sending to was not a regularly monitored account. For instance, we do prominently mention on the newsletter not to respond using the newsletter email address, but occasionally some people miss it. Or maybe we have already responded, but your spam blocker or filtering has deleted our email.

Also, many large ISPs mistakenly block a lot of legitimate commercial emails thinking they are spam and your email may be one of these.

Just for future reassurance, 99% of support emails are dealt with within 12 hours, the rest within 24 hours. (Sometimes, though very rarely, it may take a little longer at the weekends.)

We get several thousand emails per week (yes really!) and unfortunately it's inevitable that the odd one gets missed Embarassed

For yours and others use I include our homepage announcement below:

If you have made a donation to PocketGPSWorld.com through PayPal before this announcement we would like to express our thanks by offering you free lifetime membership. Please email donations@pocketgpsworld.com with your username and the email address that you use for your PayPal account and we will set you up with a free membership. Please note that it will take up to 5 working days to confirm your membership.

Your active subscription will be extended free for life if you report just one previously unreported, deleted or altered static speed camera position. (Must consequently be verified by PocketGPSWorld.com.) We monitor all submissions very carefully and you will be notified if we use your submission. If you are successful we will let you know and automatically extend your current membership. You must be a current member and your account must be active to benefit from this offer.

We have sent emails to those who have already submitted data offering free lifetime membership. If you have submitted data, but not received an email, please email dataalreadysubmitted@pocketgpsworld.com with the following information:
User Name
Full Name
Email address used for submission
Camera(s) sent (with email attachment)
Approximate date camera sent

Sorry, but without this information we will not be able to issue a free subscription. Please note that it will take up to 5 working days to confirm your membership. Important: Please note that your confirmation will state that your 'lifetime' membership will expire in 20 years time. This is purely a system limitation. Your subscription will be extended for life.

It'll probably be safer PMing me with full details and I'll get you up and running asap Smile
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneticCommandConsole wrote:
OK, thank you . .

. . but are you saying then that the standalone Redlight cameras (as per the icon on POI Capture) are also to catch drivers who jump red lights and not speeders Question Rolling Eyes

No the other way round. They are redlight cameras whose prime purpose is to catch drivers who jump the lights. Some of them may incidentally be able to catch speeders (although I am not sure on that).

There has been some discussion in these forums as to whether they should have been included in the database at all. If you don't need them don't put them on your card. Yous pays your money and yous take your choice. Smile Smile
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: