Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PPC 2003 / windows 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PPC 2003 / windows 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmarti32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: PPC 2003 / windows 5 Reply with quote

hello, I want to upgrade from copilot europe to copilot 6. Alk say i need PPC2003 and windows 5. Does windows 5 come with ppc 2003.

I currently have ppc 2002 on a Ipaq 3830 with either a navman sleeve or apos 626 and a Bluetooth sleeve.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows Mobile 5 is the updated operating system for PDA's. You might have issues with getting drivers for your hardware, i would contact Copilot also before you update.
dmarti32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being a liitle bit thick, does windows 5 come with ppc or do i have to make a stand alone purchase of windows 5 ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The operating system will come pre-installed on the device and could be either 2003SE or WM2005 there is no extra charge for this, unless you are upgrading the operating system to a newer version which is dependent upon the manufacturer of the device making it available. Recent upgrades from 2003SE to 2005 have not been without problms though, both the Dell x50v and more recent ipaq-4700 upgrades have left users with slow and somewhat unusable devices, I personally wouldn't bother! stick with what you have installed as at least you know it works. The persistant storage within 2005 is great but the problem of data loss is easy to overcome in 2003SE get a decent back-up utitlity (Sprite is a good example) and its a quick and easy method to recover a dead device - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: