Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - T.T.GO 700/POI Capture
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

T.T.GO 700/POI Capture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know what you mean Gadget, I'm finding it very frustrating being so near yet so far. I connected to my comp. at 8.30 a.m. this morning and as usual it reset the GO and it is sitting next to me now and I keep turning it on and off and it still connects o.k but I am just seeing how long it stays like it, 2 hours so far !! but I bet as soon as I go out onto the road it will revert to the map page again. Like you I want to get it right and it makes you wonder if it would be best to revert back to 5.2 version and forgo the extra poi !!
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Woodchip,

If i understand you right, your having problems in loading it even if you haven't cleared your cameras or connected to the PC?? Am I right?

Can't say I've had that issue.... yet!

Perhaps I'll try it this afternoon... just keep turning it on, let it get a fix, try the POIC and then turn off.... let you know how it goes,

But my issue seems to be only after I have cleared/deleted the cameras!

I can get a fix, log a camera (or two) connect to PC, upload them, and disconnect, then turn on, capture a couple more and back to the PC.... etc! And it works, but as soon as get rid of them.....BANG! The problem starts... and like Richard says, I reckon it's dumping some info when I clear them.

I really don't want to go back to V5.2 but if I have to i will.... apart from 9 less POI's being loadable, are there any other losses we would incurr?

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gadget

I am really confused as to what is causing my problem. This morning I have tried all sorts of different combinations to try and find out what is the cause. I have walked the dogs and taken it with me walking and clocked a couple of imaginary cameras come back and deleted the cameras and it is still working , the only thing I havn't done as yet is connect the power lead from the car so I am going to do that just to see if that triggers anything. In answer to your question I dont know for sure about any other losses with 5.2 but I think the poi are the main ones
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is strange,

It appears when I delete them I get the problem, but when you delete them, you don't....

Out of interest, are you hooked up to the computer when deleting them or just deleting them straight off TomTom using the clear cameras icon??

I don't think your car charger will change anything to be honest, but I guess it's worth eliminating.

I have had mine by the window now for two hours... turned it, got a fix, and hit the PIO Capture Icon, POI Capture loads correctly. Shut it down and start over half hour later...

So far it has powered up fine 4 times fine, but I have not actually captured anything as I don't want to overload it with dummies at this stage... because I don't want to delete them and lose the programme again!!!

woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I delete by poi edit from the GO not by clear cameras because that clears the file as well and then you have to capture again to get the file back
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's really strange then, I used Poi Edit last night to view what I'd captured, then used the delete button in there to delete them, unplugged it, and it crashed on me again!!!

This is becoming a right royal pain the rear!!!

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gadget_sa wrote:
Well that's really strange then, I used Poi Edit last night to view what I'd captured, then used the delete button in there to delete them, unplugged it, and it crashed on me again!!!

I think Woodchip means he edited the POI's in the Manage POI screen.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Richard....
that sounds like the same idea that Lutz had (option 3) that you clarified on my other thread?

woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gadget, Sorry if I mislead you but Richard is exactly right I deleat from the manage poi screen. Incidently I am not shouting from the rooftops yet but I was out and about last night and it behaved, took a couple of shots at cameras (imaginary) and it worked ok but as I say I am not holding my breath. By the way Richard if you are there I came across a camera on my route map that doesn't exist, how do I report it ? I think it must have been in the new March update because I havn't seen it before, Colin
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, forget the last comment about cameras, I had a look on the browse map page and they are mobile cameras reported but they show as gatso icons, bit confusing. I am glad I didn't hold my breath because on looking in the pocketGPScameras file in the western map folder they have not recorded but they are in the GO poi edit page Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Woodchip, betwen us we'll get there.

Your plan (and Lutz's) worked for me in deleting the cameras.

Not sure if you're following my other thread, it's in the POCKET GPS WORLD ADD ON SOFTWARE Forum. Topic: Go700 & POI Capture 5.420 - Last resort.

I have managed to get this to record fine, I can now delete from within Manage POI's on the Go, but now every time I upload, I am getting an error saying Invalid OV2 file and then when I disconnect, the programme just isn't working!!

So I have two issues left to work through:
1. Why are they showing as invalid
2. Why when I connect to the PC and do anythjing with POIC does the programme crash after disconnecting.

I connected yesterday on a different PC and gotr the latest cameras and the programme was fine. I wonder if it's something on my PC that is causing the issue??

woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fast running out of patience Gadget, it would help if we both had the same issues but we are both different. Every time I resolve one issue it creates another and I am tempted to wait untill they resolve the sdk issue with Tom Tom
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on that Woodchip.

I've now got it running on my GO, and to be honest, if I pass some, I'll record them, but I think might avoid uploading, or even connecting to the PC until someone can crunch this.

But I guess on the flip side, if I don't try to upload them, then I may not find out if my OV2 file is still corrupt...

Looks like it's a lose lose situation at the moment!!

woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have recorded 5 'cameras' tonight and they have registered in my GO poi but they have not registered in the ov2 file in the western europe map folder now can someone explain that one Confused Confused
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you please define "register" for me.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: