Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - T.T.GO 700/POI Capture
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

T.T.GO 700/POI Capture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the above, how do I get into the mnu files I think I must have something unchecked or checked as the case may be ??
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodchip,
Hook the go onto the PC, go to the SDK Registry Folder and you'll see your .mnu file.

Open it with Notepad.....

Theres nothing in there to "tick" or untick" though... it just allows you to modify the menu screen to how you like it....

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gadget
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went back to square one.....

Connected to PC
Removed POI Capture and the SDK Registry folders from my GO.

I have then unplugged it from the PC, powered it up, and everything is normal.

Reconnected it the PC
Downloaded the Zip file to the PC (V1.03G) again
Unzipped it directly to the Root Directory recreating the two folders.
Renamed the TomTom.700.mnu to tomtom.mnu and moved it to the SDK registry.

Powered down, unplugged it from the PC, Powered up... got my icon for POI Capture.. press it and it's still not loading!!!

Can someone just verify one thing for me...
The ICONS Folder...
On the instruction page, this is not mentioned as being in the POI CAPTURE folder, but it is... should it be? Or should that be on the root directory too??

And also, if you have any further ideas of how I can get this working... love to hear from you!

Thanks

woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my system seems to be working now except that after disconnecting from the comp. everything works and I can click on an imaginary camera and it records it in the ov2 file and I can then delete it from that file and do this over and over again. I can turn the Go off and reboot it and things still work, but after an unknown amount of time when I click on the camera icon to record a target it reverts back to the map screen and yes that is with a full sat signal. I only have to reconnect to the comp. not even do anything with it but after disconnecting again it will work again !!!! any answers please
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodchip, have you got a stable system yet?

I'm having so many problems with mine... I can't get it to run at all now...
It worked when I first installed it, then it stopped, then it started again... then stopped.
I've even wiped it off, reloaded it put new .mnu files on and everything... just can't get the POICapture to load at all.... really dissapointed!

I'm thinking i might go back and put my TomTom to how I bought it, then re-upgrade to 5.42, then add the cameras, then the voices and then finally give POICapture a final go....

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gadget_sa wrote:
Powered down, unplugged it from the PC, Powered up... got my icon for POI Capture.. press it and it's still not loading!!!

Did you Copy the empty PocketGPSCameras.ov2 File to the Map Folder?

gadget_sa wrote:
Can someone just verify one thing for me...
The ICONS Folder...
On the instruction page, this is not mentioned as being in the POI CAPTURE folder, but it is... should it be?

Yes, this is the correct Folder for it.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodchip wrote:
but after an unknown amount of time when I click on the camera icon to record a target it reverts back to the map screen and yes that is with a full sat signal. I only have to reconnect to the comp. not even do anything with it but after disconnecting again it will work again !!!! any answers please

I don't know why it should stop working. POICapture is a TSR Program and I can only think that the memory is Dumping it for some reason.

Connecting/Disconnecting from the PC is the equivalent to doing a Reset.

RandyChasewater
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Poi Capture Reply with quote

Sad 700 with 5.420

I had a different kinda fun.
I Loaded it up and tried it with no signal. It said loading. When I got a signal I got the Icons and recorded an imaginary SC at my address and it was is the speedcamaras 0v2 file in Wester Maps. Looking good.
Tried again, tomtom locked up. Had to reset. Tried again, no Icons this time after tapping the capture icon.
Then even more worrying I didn't show a satalite signal. I'm stood out in the rain for ten mins - nothing.
Ended up using default setting - no signal still. Fortunately I had done a complete copy of my device so I pasted that back on. It worked. phew!!!
I think I leave it alone till they refine it a bit.
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

Yes I did as you suggested, copied the empty PocketGPSCameras.ov2 File to the Map Folder?

I checked all my folders again, and guess what... the .ini file was missing?? This is the second time something has been there when I have unzipped the files.
So I copied this from a previous back up.... disconnected from the PC,
Stuck it on the Window sill (5 satelites, hit the icon and bingo... it loaded...

Success. It didn't record anything the first time as it rightly states, so i hit the icon again, and guess what.... I have a camera in my street now!!!

Ok, so hooked it back up to the PC, opened up the map folder, opened the ov2 file and there it was... my camera!!

So I then open up the POICapture folder, copy the ov2 file back into the Map folder and it overwrites the one with the recorded camera... and all is fine...

Stick it back on the window sill, seven satelites present, and guess what... it doesn't load!!

My head now really hurts afdter hitting it against the brick wall!!!

Somebody somewhere give me some divine intervention!! Otherwise I'll have to do as Randy has done, and wait for it to be refined.... Crying or Very sad

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="gadget_sa"]Stick it back on the window sill, seven satelites present, and guess what... it doesn't load!![/quote
The first time that you press the POICapture Icon it loads the Program into memory. It will stay in memory until you do a soft reset, like connecting to the PC.

Once you have done the first dummy camera, do a second one. This should now record a location. You can delete the location with Manage POI.

gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
The first time that you press the POICapture Icon it loads the Program into memory. It will stay in memory until you do a soft reset, like connecting to the PC.

So are you saying that each time I upload cameras via the PC, then after disconnecting, the fist hit of the POICapture icon, it reloads itself back into memory, and then I have to hit it again to capture the camera?? Ok seems reasonable.....but

Oldboy wrote:

Once you have done the first dummy camera, do a second one. This should now record a location. You can delete the location with Manage POI.
I did this the first time.... (as above) hit the icon as if recording one for it to load into memory, then hit it again... and I see the camera on my screen. I then connected and viewed using POIEdit, then cleared it by copy/paste the blank OV2 file, disconnected it, started it up and it just hasn't loaded since... no matter how many times I hit the icon!!

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gadget_sa wrote:
disconnected it, started it up and it just hasn't loaded since... no matter how many times I hit the icon!!

I've never had this problem on my setup. I've tried to replicate the situation several times, but it always works OK for me.

Bit like playing darts, with the lights off. Have enough trouble with the lights on.:D

I've used both versions of POICapture and, once I got the feel of it, the both worked as they should.

The later version is so much quicker because it is memory resident. Even at 70mph the accuracy is good.

I don't know if there is something different in the workings of the 700, but it seems to be the one that has the most problems.

I'll do some more testing on my GO over the next few days to see if I can reach the spot.

woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
woodchip wrote:
but after an unknown amount of time when I click on the camera icon to record a target it reverts back to the map screen and yes that is with a full sat signal. I only have to reconnect to the comp. not even do anything with it but after disconnecting again it will work again !!!! any answers please

I don't know why it should stop working. POICapture is a TSR Program and I can only think that the memory is Dumping it for some reason.

Connecting/Disconnecting from the PC is the equivalent to doing a Reset.

I must be one of a kind because I tried doing a reset instead of the comp. link up and it didn't work !!! Confused
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not alone Woodchip....
I just find it strange that some 700 users haven't reported any problems... yet I'm struggling here!!

Cheers for having a fiddle Richard, this is one thing I have got my teeth into and I WANT to beat it now... at one point, I was going to give up...

But for now, it's running, and I can store them. I just wont be uploading or deleting them until I know theres a fix....

Obviously if someone wants me to try some different scenarios then i will happily oblige, even if i crash and have to re-load the whole thing again!! But please, lets not get into double for figures for reloading... it's such a pain!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: