Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 1 day old MDP PC 150 no satalites? Tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

1 day old MDP PC 150 no satalites? Tomtom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: 1 day old MDP PC 150 no satalites? Tomtom Reply with quote

Hello well this is my first post, i have just bought the mdppc150 and purchased a copy of tomtom 5.21,
it is about 2 days old now and when i click on satalites i can see about 8 usually at varying strengths usually at least 2 are above the line at the top. the problem is onmy friends dell his are blue and "locked" mine are all grey, but i can still use the sat nav. why wont mine lock on to the satalites? also what baud should i use? i am currently set up to use:
other nmea gps
baud 4800
serial cable on sp2

Thanks guys.
also at the top it says 23:59:16 UTC what does that mean?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone. ...

Stop all programmes running in the background.

Then try setting it to TomTom Cable GPS, go outside and stand in the open.The first lock can take 20 minutes or more so be patient.

Once you have the first 'lock' you will find it locks on faster next time, unless you haven't used in for several days.

If your car has an athermic windscreen then stand outside your car until you have a lock before setting up in the car.

Also don't try driving off before lock as you'll be lucky to lock on before your destination.
chav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you say set up again you mean just reconfigure,9choose gps antena and port again? thanks again.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1 day old MDP PC 150 no satalites? Tomtom Reply with quote

chav wrote:
Hello well this is my first post, i have just bought the mdppc150 and purchased a copy of tomtom 5.21,
it is about 2 days old now and when i click on satalites i can see about 8 usually at varying strengths usually at least 2 are above the line at the top. the problem is onmy friends dell his are blue and "locked" mine are all grey, but i can still use the sat nav. why wont mine lock on to the satalites? also what baud should i use? i am currently set up to use:
other nmea gps
baud 4800
serial cable on sp2

Thanks guys.

This is because by default the Medion has one of the NMEA Sentences turned off, IIRC it's GPRMC. This sentence indicates minimum data information hence the reason the status page does not operate correctly.

I have posted instructions a long time ago on how to re-instate this using Winfast Navigator to re-enable GPRMC. See this post.
chav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is slightly different setup, i have the option for a cold start hot start or a warm start or a factory start i cant see any nmra or whatever info coming in. aghhh
chav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i have just updated my firmware to the latest lets hope that will make a diff, on your post about using the navigator program i tried that and it made tomtom not work at all, i had to do a hard reset to get it working again.

Really need to lock on as i am having trouble with accuracy of the sat nav.
chav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Latest firmware on no probs tomtom 5.21 on no probs but low and behold, one week later still no lock on. i looked at the guide you gave me and i followed it to the T but some of the options that you wrote simply were not there, i did what i could went back to the satalite tracker and no sats at all! i had to do a hard reboot to get them back.

Really would like to lock on to some satalites. any one that has a MDPPC 150 and has a lock can you let me know? thanks
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are winfast navigator to set this up and not tomtom also when youve finshed try a softreset as if you leave winfast runing in the back ground then tomtom will not pick up the gps remember if you tap the x it only minimises the program it doesnt close it

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
chav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
you are winfast navigator to set this up and not tomtom

Sorry i need to comfirm this, you mean install winfast navigator after i have installed tomtom and then set it up to search for satalites? what shall i do in the tom tom configurer? at the mo it is set up to use other serial devive on com 1 sp2.
or do you mean that i shouldnt use tomtom at all??
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leave tomtom installed then install winfast navigator use this to set up the gps as per darrens instructions then exit winfast navigator make sure you have stopped winfast from running then run tomtom and set tomtom up as in darrens instructions ie sp2 and baud rate of 4800

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
mandlebrot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1 day old MDP PC 150 no satalites? Tomtom Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
chav wrote:
other nmea gps
baud 4800
serial cable on sp2

Thanks guys.

This is because by default the Medion has one of the NMEA Sentences turned off, IIRC it's GPRMC. This sentence indicates minimum data information hence the reason the status page does not operate correctly.

I have posted instructions a long time ago on how to re-instate this using Winfast Navigator to re-enable GPRMC. See this post.

I've already said thanks in your other post but felt you also desired a thanks here also.

I had been racking my brains for the last 2 weeks trying to get Tomtom to show that it was locked onto the sats without joy then I stumble upon your post and low and behole it took me all of 2 mins to sort it out. I did have to use the inbuilt GPSmonitor rather than Winfast which for some reason I can't get to work on my Bluemedia 6300 but hey it still worked a treat. So a big thanks to you Darren for your step by step solution Laughing 8) Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: