Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Speed Camera Editing / Loading Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Speed Camera Editing / Loading Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took some time...but I got there in the end :D Time for a lie down in a dark room Wink
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash

Thanks for a great little utility. I previously used CBROM's utility but couldn't get it to display an icon as an early warning with a single bong and then repeatedly bong only when you got much closer. so I switched to yours which I find really easy to use.

I have noticed though, that on CBROM's utility you could set a warning for cameras where the speed was set at either 0mph or undefined. Is there any way in which your program can do this (I could alter the CSV files and change the speeds before dragging them into your application but that defeats the object) or have I set something up incorrectly?

All the GATSO's on the M42 and M25 are set as 0 so only bong once and whilst the icon stays on screen it would be nice to have the audible second warning as you get close.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
AsI have noticed though, that on CBROM's utility you could set a warning for cameras where the speed was set at either 0mph or undefined. Is there any way in which your program can do this (I could alter the CSV files and change the speeds before dragging them into your application but that defeats the object) or have I set something up

There should still be a second "bong bong" warning, even if the speed limit is unknown - although obviously you won't get a repeating "bing bing" overspeed warning.

If unknown speed limits are assigned an arbitrary value, then it is necessary to use worst-case - which for the sake of argument is 20mph. The problem with that is you'll pretty much always get a repeating "bing bing" overspeed warning, even if you're nowhere near the (unknown) speed limit - it would drive you potty...
Stop it!
dichello
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I used the speed camera updater, and ive got matt's POI files, but my I3 keeps bonging at all of them, i set poiloader to express, is there any reason its doing this?

Thanks Tom :-)
beanieuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dichello wrote:
Hi, I used the speed camera updater, and ive got matt's POI files, but my I3 keeps bonging at all of them, i set poiloader to express, is there any reason its doing this?

Thanks Tom :-)

Hi from another newbie
please check further back in this thread re info on the poi loader as the latest version had bugs and there is al ink to the one you should use. I redid mine and it doesn't bong anymore at everything in sight!! Cameras work a treat!!!

Thanks Ash!!!!!! :D You are a star in my book
rigga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all........ got my i3 yesterday,seems to have been a run on them with all the special offers etc,halfords all sold out with no intention of getting any more as its an obsolete unit apparently 8O .... comet was the same story locally to me in birmingham.... but tamworth had one remaining unit left so reserved that,could have done with a sat nav to get there but hey Laughing picked it up and found this site and spent hours pouring over the forums for tips,and after many attempts managed to download Ash's speed camera utility with the latest speed camera data base.... my fault as im a bit of a numpty with these things,but having read and reread the info is all there....... suprised how quick it took to download though,as many ave mentioned 5-10 mins,mine did it in just over 10 secs..... not sure about the time settings for the differenmt camerers,and the overspeed settings ,just left them alone,went up the road to a couple of known cameras and bingo....works a treat... thanks Ash
wycliffe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
Almahadeus wrote:
GPX files are larger and if included with lots of other POIs won't fit on the newer Garmins with the internal memory only. If you need all the POIs then you'd be better of getting a transflash card and putting the POIs on it rather than on the Garmin's internal memory.

It's not the size of the GPX files that's the problem - POI Loader converts everything to GPI format before dumping it to the unit.

But you're right about the size of the internal memory on newer i3's - it's pretty restrictive. You won't be able to fit the speed cameras and all of MaFt's POI.

As you say, better to get a TransFlash card and stick everything on that.

nicbowker wrote:

There's a transflash card in there. Do you mean "get a bigger one"?

Hi, just got my I3 today and couldn't wait to add in the POI database plus the speed camera data which worked fine. Then I read about Ash's application and found I had the same problem as 'nicbowker', i.e. even with all the other POIs stripped out, there still wasn't room for the new speed camera files. I have a 256 mb transflash card. Did 'nicboker' solve this problem - I couldn't see any follow up in the forum. Thanks.
wycliffe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wycliffe wrote:

Hi, just got my I3 today and couldn't wait to add in the POI database plus the speed camera data which worked fine. Then I read about Ash's application and found I had the same problem as 'nicbowker', i.e. even with all the other POIs stripped out, there still wasn't room for the new speed camera files. I have a 256 mb transflash card. Did 'nicboker' solve this problem - I couldn't see any follow up in the forum. Thanks.

Ah, I think I have figured this out. After unsuccessfully trying to load the new gpx files, I had a look at what was in the custom folder on the I3 and noticed that the original POI files hadn't been overwritten and were still there. So I then put just one csv file in the loader folder and transferred that to the I3 which did overwrite everything except for this one file. Then I tried the gpx files again and this time they went in ok. So, it would seem that uploading the gpx files doesn't overwrite existing csv files. I'll try adding in one extra csv file at a time but as I'm already over 20k POIs I probably can't get much more on.
Type23
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash/anyone,

Does the speed camera updater only work with the pocketgps Garmin speed camera database or does it work with the Garmin speed camera database on the poihandler website also ?

Rgds
doug137331046
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: pocketgps world camera database Reply with quote

Ash,

How can i get the pocketgps world camera database please? I have downloaded GarminPOIs from the website but it doesnt come with the camera databasee. please help
Type23
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug,
You need to subscribe to the site £2 for 1 month allowing 1 download of database or £19 for the year allowing unlimited downloads of database. Have to say that I returned to this site after a while away and was disappointed to see that they have started charging but in all fairness it is probably one of the most if not the most accurate speed camera databases covering the UK. I'm trying to get a Free lifetime subscription by reporting redundant / new camers which they award if you are the first person to report it :D

Rgds
Flazcano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: usig ash10's Reply with quote

is It possible to make the i3 *always* display speed camera locations, and to *always* warn of them and also warn if my speed is higher, in other word make it work "normal" but with the camera icons displayed all the time cheers...
Flazcano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: usig ash10's Reply with quote

usig ash10's or any other ??
Flazcano wrote:
is It possible to make the i3 *always* display speed camera locations, and to *always* warn of them and also warn if my speed is higher, in other word make it work "normal" but with the camera icons displayed all the time cheers...
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Ash's programme runs on my pc at start up it now comes up with the messsage "Beta version expired". Does this mean it's not working anymore or there's a new version (haven't noticed one if there is) or...what? 8O
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash, looks like another bug for you...

I turned on my Laptop this morning and it informed me that a new Speed Camera update was available, so I put my SD Card in and used POI loader to update it... so far so good. However Camera Manager is still prompting me to update at about 20 minute intervals.

After running POI Loader:

As you can see the time is 9:43.

The Camera Manager Screenshowing last check was at 8:00 (this was when the new database was downloaded):

It may or may not be of use but I use this Laptop to update 2 i3s. One I have here, the other I do not have access to at the moment. Is the repeated message coming up because I have not updated both i3s? If so then I would suggest that an option is made available to allow users to say if they want to be prompted to update all SatNavs they have ever connected or just until they update one. It was my understanding that the message should be cleared as soon as POI Loader was opened, not after the update had taken place.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: