Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin announce the new Nuvi 310 and 360 models at CeBIT.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin announce the new Nuvi 310 and 360 models at CeBIT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Garmin announce the new Nuvi 310 and 360 models at CeBIT. Reply with quote

Garmin announced upgrades to the Nuvi PND range with 3 new models: The Nuvi 310, Nuvi 310 deluxe, and the Nuvi 360. There are a host of new features, including "The Garmin Lock" a pin code system for protecting the PND.

These should be reaching the stores sometime in June. We had some discussions with Garmin this week and we hope to be showing the new models at the next PocketGPSWorld.com Event to be announced soon.

Garmin Press Release wrote:
Travel Stress-Free and “Hands-Free” with the Garmin® nüvi™

HANNOVER, Germany/March 9, 2006/PR Newswire — Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), today announced a new feature for its all-in-one Personal Travel Assistant™. The nüvi 310 and nüvi 360 will incorporate Bluetooth Wireless Technology, as well as a GPS navigator, MP3 player, audio book player, language translator, travel guide, currency converter, world travel clock, and much more. The nüvi 310 and 360 were announced at CeBIT, Europe’s premier electronics trade show in Hannover, Germany, from March 9-15, 2006.

The nüvi’s Bluetooth Wireless Technology capabilities and integrated microphone and speaker provide for hands-free mobile phone calls. This easy-to-use calling feature lets users dial phone numbers through nüvi’s touchscreen keypad. In addition, users may look-up and dial numbers from their personalized phone book or from the phone’s call history log that shows calls received, calls dialed and calls missed. If a user does not know the phone number of their destination, they can easily find and dial it from nüvi’s points of interest database – such as hotels, restaurants, and gas stations and attractions.

“The nüvi is quickly becoming a ‘must-have’ among travelers because it combines numerous technologies and makes it possible to streamline the number of devices carried when traveling,” said Gary Kelley, vice president of marketing for Garmin International. “The integration of Bluetooth Wireless Technology with nüvi is yet another feature that sets it apart from other GPS units on today’s market.”

Nüvi is an all-in-one portable GPS navigator, traveler’s reference, and digital entertainment system. It provides three-dimensional automatic routing with turn-by-turn voice-prompted directions that speak street names* — making it easy to find your way anywhere. In addition, when combining nüvi with the optional FM RDS-TMC traffic receiver, a driver is notified of upcoming accidents, road construction, or other incidents. When traffic delays are looming, nüvi automatically suggests and calculates alternative routes.

After arriving at a destination, nüvi’s optional Garmin Language Guide™ and Garmin Travel Guide™ helps travelers feel like a native. The Garmin Language Guide contains five bilingual dictionaries and a multilingual word bank and phrase bank that support nine languages and dialects. The Garmin Travel Guide for Europe features information from Marco Polo and allows users to call up thousand of restaurant tips and display explanatory text and image information about tourist sights. The Garmin Travel Guide for the U.S. will be available in the second quarter of 2006.

For added security, Garmin has developed a theft prevention system for nüvi. The Garmin Lock™ disables the nüvi from performing any functions until the user types in a specific 4-digit PIN or takes the unit to a predetermined secure location code. If the user does not know the PIN or secure location, the nüvi will be inoperative.

In Europe, customers can purchase one of nine regional map coverage areas (nüvi 310), or opt for full European mapping (nüvi 360). The North American version (nüvi 360) includes preloaded maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. All map data is provided by NAVTEQ™ – a world leader in premium-quality mapping.

Nüvi is expected to be available in June, and is sold with a suction cup mount and 12-volt adapter, AC power cable, PC/USB cable, owner’s manual and quick reference guide. The Garmin Travel Guide and Garmin Language Guide are sold separately. Additional information is available at www.garmin.com.

*Text-to-speech functionality is available only on the nüvi 360.

crockers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 350 -- can it be upgraded to the 360 -- to include bluetooth or would I be forced to purchase a new unit......sobs as I only just got this one
bomor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 350 Reply with quote

crockers wrote:
I have the 350 -- can it be upgraded to the 360 -- to include bluetooth or would I be forced to purchase a new unit......sobs as I only just got this one

I bought the Nuvi 350 at first and could not get bluetooth, so I went back to the dealer who I bought it from ( Amazon ) and asked the to replace it with the Nuvi 360...I was told as long as I had not registered the Nuvi 360 with Garmin, they would replace it....This I did. I now have my Nuvi 360 working very well

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: