Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can CP6 be used purely as a camera warning device?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can CP6 be used purely as a camera warning device?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I am now able to use the speed zoned files in the new Safety Camera processing, provided that I convert the supplied bmp files from 256 colour to 16 colour (and do all the re-naming of course)
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

With v6.0.4.110 the icons will not be displayed when driving unless they are 256 colour ones, so don't change them anymore (except for the renaming that is)

Just to confuse matters, the demo mode will hapily display 16, or 256 colour icons!
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 wrote:
Update:

With v6.0.4.110 the icons will not be displayed when driving unless they are 256 colour ones, so don't change them anymore (except for the renaming that is)

Just to confuse matters, the demo mode will hapily display 16, or 256 colour icons!

I think that what you're experiencing with different bitmaps is a coincidence.

I can understand that using less memory is beneficial, but I can't see how the larger bitmaps will work when the smaller ones don't.

I'm currently using the 16 colour versions and seeing them all the time.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any one else have the problem with v6.0.4.110 where you're alerted to safetycameras that are close to, but not on your route Question

It seems that the alert is triggered by any camera within a 1000 yard radius (or whatever preference is set), of your current position.
editpo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: multiple alerts Reply with quote

yes i am getting multiple alerts on most cameras. the record is eight times.
only happens on some cameras. very annoying!
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nivek22 wrote:
neil01 wrote:
Update:

I think that what you're experiencing with different bitmaps is a coincidence.

I can understand that using less memory is beneficial, but I can't see how the larger bitmaps will work when the smaller ones don't.

I'm currently using the 16 colour versions and seeing them all the time.

Not a coincidence I'm afraid - it is happenning. I have even re-installed (several times) to make sure. I now have to use the the 256 colour bitmaps.

What I didn't say, was thay I had previously spoken to ALK about needing to change the bitmaps to 16 colour to get them to display, and so I knew (from ALK) that this should not have been the case. So for me, having to change them back to 256 colour indicates that a bug has been fixed.

What I can obviously accept is that this inconsistancy (both now and previously) could be harware, or more probably OS version related. But whether a particular system can display 16 colour bitmaps is neither here nor there, it is the ability to display the 256 colour ones which is important. As such, it would be interesting to know if anyone still has difficulty displaying them.
afeakes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: CP6 as camera detection only Reply with quote

I am using CP6 with the new Speed camera detection on. If I do not set a destination and simply hit Start Driving - the unit plots my progress but also warns of the speed cameras (in both directions and on adjacent roads) but it does issue the warning without having any routing information set.

Not sure if this helps to answer the original question or not.

Regards,
Alistair

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: