Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Warner Can Anyone Help!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Warner Can Anyone Help!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenhart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: POI Warner Can Anyone Help!!! Reply with quote

Hi wonder if you could help have PIO Warner2 installed on my Mio 168 PDA. POI Warner Display shows ticks for Overlays activated - POI's monitored - POI's visualised. Not sure what has gone wrong as I had speedcams shown when 1st setup on Navigon 5.1. Then the next time I used GPS no overlays or acoustic alerts. SD card is unlocked have synchronized all POI blue progress bar runs through stating synchronistaion successful. Also have registered correctly recieve message saying Congratulations you are registered.

POI - Settings Overlay settings & Acoustic alert have been set, it may be staring me in the face, I have tried everything including reloading all software including PIO Warner. Would appreciatte any advice.Many Thanks
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the files are copied into the right folders - if not they won't show.

I know it might be obvious but it's worth checking......

Hope this helps.

Chris
lenhart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your reply not sure how you transfer files to right folders, apologies for seeming ignorant, how do you transfer and from what location.

Cheers Len
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lenhart wrote:
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your reply not sure how you transfer files to right folders, apologies for seeming ignorant, how do you transfer and from what location.

Cheers Len

No worries - My Ipaq batteries have run down so I can only tell you from memory.....

Open your iPaq using My Computer and look for the POI warner folder on your iPaq.... for the overlays to work the poi files need to be in that folder (there may be another folder in there for overlays and sounds). Just check the files are in the right place.

Hope this is clearer - if you have any more questions just ask......

Chris
lenhart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

The only place I can see were files are stored on my PDA is File explorer, when Navigon is in display mode showing map I can see what looks like a vertical graph bar on lefthand side of map I do not see my computor icon on PDA Cheers Len
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lenhart wrote:
Hi Chris,

The only place I can see were files are stored on my PDA is File explorer, when Navigon is in display mode showing map I can see what looks like a vertical graph bar on lefthand side of map I do not see my computor icon on PDA Cheers Len

Apologies Len - Access your PDA from your PC using My Computer - it's just easier to navigate etc....... Dont have either Navigon or POI warner running whilst you do this....

Chris
lenhart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

I have done as yousaid and transferred POI files on my computer to storage card were the British Isles Map for Navigon is restarted my PDA no joy. Must be doing something wrong all the POI's I have downloaded are activated with ticks on PIO QWarner display.

Cheers Len
arf501
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,
are you using 3d mode?
navigon only seems to show the poi's in 2 d mode
lenhart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arf,

I am in 2 D mode I really am having a difficult time with this tried everything I know as I said to Chris in a earlier post it must be staring me in the face have uninstalled reinstalled. What gets me is when I place PDA in cradle it goes through auto sync showing sending requests for the various POI's I have selected.

Once I enter Navigon Map I am able to switch between PIO Warner 2 nd Onscreen Map green light in left hand corner is illuminated. If anyone has had this problem before much appreciatte being enlightened.

Cheers Len
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigon 4.2 using POI-Warner the files are located in -

My Pocket PC/Program Files/POIWarner MN4-Edition/pois

or

Storage card/POIWarner MN4-Edition/pois

Navigon 5.2 using POI-Warner the files are located in -

My Pocket PC/Program Files/naigator.de.PPC Files/pois

or

Storage card/naigator.de.PPC Files/pois
lenhart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Have done what you suggessted no joy, alsdo contacted Navigating.de who asked that I ensured both acoustic and overlay settings +/- buttons for all POI's were ticked which they are. If anyone has any other thoughts would appreciatte any help you can give to enure that all POI overlays are displayed from PIO Warner that include speed camera's which I hasve subscribed for.

Cheers Len
arf501
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Len,
Have you updated the map? there is a map update available from navigon, might be worth a try.
lenhart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arf,

Many thanks for your reply its doing my head in this I updated the British Isles map from Navigon website everthing seems to be working overlays are activated both visual and acoustic small green light appears lefthand corner of my PDA enabling me to sitch between PIO warner and Navigon map not sure whether files are in right format when I dowload them.

To complicate matters not sure what format files should be in and how you format change if that is the problem.

I will personally send kingsize mars bar to anyone who can up with the answer to this mid boggling situation I find myself in, will alsdo nominate the guy who helps me fix this for Pocket GPS Oscar.

Cherers Arf Len
lenhart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Apologies for spelling on last thread.

Cheers Len
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, you are using the .asc files i presume.

In the POI-Warner menu's - Activate/Show Overlays on map - have you set the zoom level correctly. I have mine set to Always show the Icon, but not the text.

So on that menu there is a dot in the TOP LEFT for text, and a dot in the BOTTOM RIGHT, so that the Icons is always show regardless of zoom level.

Again on the POI-Warner menu, POI-Manager, if you click it do yu see all the poi's listed ?

Have you looked to see if the files are in the correct folders, as my previous post above.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: