Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lifetime PocketGPSWorld.com Subscription Invitation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lifetime PocketGPSWorld.com Subscription Invitation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Lifetime PocketGPSWorld.com Subscription Invitation Reply with quote

e mail wrote:
This is an automated email to let you know that your subscription to Pocket GPS World has been activated. Your subscription will expire on Sun Mar 1 2026.

Thank you for your support

Great. :P Although I am concerned that the date is given for the end of my lifetime! Do they know more than they are letting on? 8O Maybe I should cancel my pension now!Confused :D
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Lifetime PocketGPSWorld.com Subscription Invitation Reply with quote

Wishlist wrote:
e mail wrote:
This is an automated email to let you know that your subscription to Pocket GPS World has been activated. Your subscription will expire on Sun Mar 1 2026.

Thank you for your support

Great. :P Although I am concerned that the date is given for the end of my lifetime! Do they know more than they are letting on? 8O Maybe I should cancel my pension now!Confused :D

Beware the Ides of March... 8O
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Lifetime PocketGPSWorld.com Subscription Invitation Reply with quote

biggles150 wrote:
Beware the Ides of March... 8O

"He is a dreamer; let us leave him. Pass." in the outside lane of course? Maybe Caesar had Satnav too? :P Then Spurinna replied, "Yes, they are come, but they are not past." So obviously all this took place on the M25! Twisted Evil

Why do all my threads go off on surreal tangents? Confused
rugrat2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now then you lifetime members...I also have on many occasions contributed to the data base however I have not had the email you have had,Maybe I have not contributed enough? Question
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rugrat2 wrote:
Now then you lifetime members...I also have on many occasions contributed to the data base however I have not had the email you have had,Maybe I have not contributed enough? Question
You only have to have contributed once which is pretty good of them.

The mail comes in two parts, you need to comply with their instructions on the first before you get the automated one.

Don’t know if they have grouped the e-mails though because they have to manually configure it and maybe they did not want to be swamped with everyone at once? So you might get your mail in the next wave?
rugrat2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so, otherwise I can feel my bottom lip quivering.. Laughing
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rugrat2 wrote:

rugrat2 wrote:
I hope so, otherwise I can feel my bottom lip quivering..

Quiver not :D

From the home page:

Quote:
Your active subscription will be extended free for life if you report just one previously unreported, deleted or altered static speed camera position. (Must consequently be verified by PocketGPSWorld.com.) We monitor all submissions very carefully and you will be notified if we use your submission. If you are successful we will let you know and automatically extend your current membership. You must be a current member and your account must be active to benefit from this offer.

We have sent emails to those who have already submitted data offering free lifetime membership. If you have submitted data, but not received an email, please email dataalreadysubmitted@pocketgpsworld.com with the following information:
User Name
Full Name
Email address used for submission
Camera(s) sent (with email attachment)

Sorry, but without this information we will not be able to issue a free subscription. Please note that it will take up to 5 working days to confirm your membership.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifetime PocketGPSWorld.com Subscription Invitation Reply with quote

Hi Wishlist,

Wishlist wrote:

Weren't you aware of the date set for the end of the World then? Wink

20 years is a (really annoying and troublesome!) system limit. Rest assured that it will be automatically extended :D
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifetime PocketGPSWorld.com Subscription Invitation Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
Rest assured that it will be automatically extended :D

Prove it! 8)
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishlist wrote:
So you might get your mail in the next wave?

Correct :D
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifetime PocketGPSWorld.com Subscription Invitation Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Andy_P2002 wrote:
robbrady wrote:
Rest assured that it will be automatically extended :D

Prove it! 8)

I'm on my way round your house right now with a sealed parchment - signed in blood of course. You'd better be still using the forums in 20 years time as I wouldn't want to have wasted my time. Consider yourself diarised :o
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know my street is on TomTom's map? :P
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
How do you know my street is on TomTom's map? :P

He's got the Top Secret version.:D Not available to the General Public.Twisted Evil

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:

He's got the Top Secret version.:D Not available to the General Public.Twisted Evil

Oh Richard... haven't I had cause to speak to you about Non Disclosure Agreements before?! Laughing Laughing
BJB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
Oldboy wrote:

Oh Richard... haven't I had cause to speak to you about Non Disclosure Agreements before?! Laughing Laughing

Much enjoyed the postings on this thread. After the rather severe comments recently on the subscription issue its good to see there are still a lot of contributors with a good sense of humour. Long may it continue.

BJB

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: