Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galaxy111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Download problem Reply with quote

ATFSman wrote:
Did you manage to download the files? Does anyone at Pocketworld have an answer. I notice several other members are having the same problem? Crying or Very sad
No, I haven't had any success and have tried several times. The files downloaded without a problem prior to the subscription pages being set up. On my office PC I just get a file of unknown format (size 105 KB) and on my Apple Mac nothing downloads it just goes to another blank webpage containing a link back to the safety camera download page.

I've given up trying. Just glad I opted for a trial of one month and not the annual fee. But with a bit of luck someone at PocketGPSworld will eventually sort it out.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But with a bit of luck someone at PocketGPSworld will eventually sort it out.

Please rest assured that we're onto it. Sorry for the frustration this must be causing you.

from another thread:
MikeB wrote:
This is one of the nightmares about creating systems for the internet. We have tested successfully in hundreds of configurations, but there are so many out there it is impossible to tell if what we do will work with everything.

On top of that there are browser incompatibilities that need to be worked around etc, etc. It is a never ending task.

Thanks for your understanding while we address the outstanding issues.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What anti-virus software do you have installed and what operating system and Internet Explorer version?
ATFSman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: speed camera download Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. Had no trouble downloading last September using the same setup. If it helps to be more specific I have the same problem as one or two others in that the files download OK(have tried all three variants) but they show up as document files not zips.
Since your last reply have tried to download with XP firewall turned off but with the same result- a document file called "downloadcameras" with no extension or clue how to use it.
Frustration is right thanks for your efforts to solve. Look forward to finding out the solution.
Rob
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: speed camera download Reply with quote

ATFSman wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Had no trouble downloading last September using the same setup. If it helps to be more specific I have the same problem as one or two others in that the files download OK(have tried all three variants) but they show up as document files not zips.
Since your last reply have tried to download with XP firewall turned off but with the same result- a document file called "downloadcameras" with no extension or clue how to use it.
Frustration is right thanks for your efforts to solve. Look forward to finding out the solution.
Rob

Do you have POIEdit installed?
ATFSman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No
Should I have?
Rob
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATFSman wrote:
No
Should I have?
Rob

No, I'm just trying to narrow down the cause of your problems Smile
Satellite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just as a matter of interest, I use Opera and ZoneAlarm and the "NOCHEX" on the camera page are working.

I'm waiting to get a reply for a camera submitted on the 28th, which I know it's only been up for a short while. Hopefully I'll be a "Full" member too.
It's nice to have the "Spirit" back in the site after all the "Gloom and Doom" Wink
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's nice to have the "Spirit" back in the site after all the "Gloom and Doom"

Couldn't agree more!

Just to confirm that now have your free lifetime membership. please check your email box.

Enjoy the Member Forums and polls!

Have a great weekend.
Satellite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOEEEEEEEEEE
That was quick!!!!
I have just had my membership, only 20 years :D
Thank you to all at PGPSW.
As I said before it's nice that we are all "back" togheter.
Again THANK YOU
Satellite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, just downloaded the camera database and its working fine.

Browser: Opera
FireWall : ZoneAlarm Pro
AntiVirus: AVG - NTL Netguard
AntiSpyware: Microsoft
mrjsands
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Help with Max OS X + GO 500 Reply with quote

Hi, think I originally posted this in the wrong section. I have a Go 500 & a Powerbook G4 running Mac OS X 10.4.5. When I go to the download section for the speed camera's and select any of the downloads, I get an error message advising that the computer could not decompress the files. I tried decrompessing them with Stuffit Expander but it returns with an error message. Anyone help me out on this?

Many thanks,
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satellite wrote:
WOEEEEEEEEEE
That was quick!!!!
Again THANK YOU

I posted new cameras in Clapham Road, Stockwell, Balham Road, Tooting and St Dunstan's Hill, Sutton last summer. I also reported an obscelete Gatso entry that was removed from the database. Despite this I have had no email and no free subscription, so whilst I share your joy at getting your 20 year membership, I have to ask why I have to travel tomorrow with an out of date camera database?

Indeed, I have used two addresses when submitting so would have expected two emails. I have had neither. Why should I have to wait to access data I have contributed to when you seem to be able to get access to it so quickly?
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with Max OS X + GO 500 Reply with quote

mrjsands wrote:
Hi, think I originally posted this in the wrong section. I have a Go 500 & a Powerbook G4 running Mac OS X 10.4.5. When I go to the download section for the speed camera's and select any of the downloads, I get an error message advising that the computer could not decompress the files. I tried decrompessing them with Stuffit Expander but it returns with an error message. Anyone help me out on this?

Many thanks,

I'll pass this message on to the rest of the team to see who knows the answer. In the meantime, any ideas anyone?
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julianbarker wrote:
Satellite wrote:
WOEEEEEEEEEE
That was quick!!!!
Again THANK YOU

I posted new cameras in Clapham Road, Stockwell, Balham Road, Tooting and St Dunstan's Hill, Sutton last summer. I also reported an obscelete Gatso entry that was removed from the database. Despite this I have had no email and no free subscription, so whilst I share your joy at getting your 20 year membership, I have to ask why I have to travel tomorrow with an out of date camera database?

Indeed, I have used two addresses when submitting so would have expected two emails. I have had neither. Why should I have to wait to access data I have contributed to when you seem to be able to get access to it so quickly?

Hi Julian,

It looks as if you've missed all the site announcements. please see below:

Quote:
Your active subscription will be extended free for life if you report just one previously unreported, deleted or altered static speed camera position. (Must consequently be verified by PocketGPSWorld.com.) We monitor all submissions very carefully and you will be notified if we use your submission. If you are successful we will let you know and automatically extend your current membership. You must be a current member and your account must be active to benefit from this offer.

We have sent emails to those who have already submitted data offering free lifetime membership. If you have submitted data, but not received an email, please email dataalreadysubmitted@pocketgpsworld.com with the following information:
User Name
Full Name
Email address used for submission
Camera(s) sent (with email attachment)

Sorry, but without this information we will not be able to issue a free subscription. Please note that it will take up to 5 working days to confirm your membership. Important: Please note that your confirmation will state that your 'lifetime' membership will expire in 20 years time. This is purely a system limitation. Your subscription will be extended for life.

We've experienced a lot of problems with people receiving our emails. Spam filters, over zealous ISPs blocking bulk mail and dormant or old accounts seem to be the most common cause.

No problem though, you have indeed sent us camera reports, which we are very grateful for. If you check your email box you will find a membership confirmation. Welcome Julian, I hope you enjoy the new area.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: