Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The Best Europe-wide Door2door Device
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The Best Europe-wide Door2door Device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: The Best Europe-wide Door2door Device Reply with quote

Hi All

Just about to sell my TT5 PDA, living in Belgium I drive between countries fairly often and want a single-map GPS device.

The three main options I see as of today are TT700 and the C330/Nuni 350 from Garmin. All have their pros and cons as far as I can see but if anyone can help me differentiate between the three I'd be thankful.

TT700 - I don't care about the bluetooth hands-free because my car already has one fitted, I don't see the point of the remote, the maps are riddled with errors (for Brussels at least) and it's an "old" chipset. TT has done some really stupid routings on me in the past so I'm inclined for a change.

C330 - seems to have everything but is an ugly device, I've never used the sofware so I don't know if it's any good or better than TT. Cheap at 550EUR. Old chipset though

Nuni 350 - At last, an aethetically pleasing GPS unit. Seems to do everything I want and a little more. SSIII chipset which is the biggest attraction for me. I don't care that it plays MP3's as I have an iPod for that.

Re-reading the above it seems the TT700 is the loser but what's the winner?

Cheers
Dave
dabby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops - I meant "Nüvi" of course, not Nuni... Embarassed
dabby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for all your advice chaps Confused

Just to let you know that I plumped to the Nüvi and received the unit today. Its a beautiful little device, wonderful graphics quality with a much more modern feel than Tomtom. Also worth noting that I'm typing this fom inside the living room and yet I still get 7 setellites (7 metre accuracy it says) :D

The only thing that throws me is the A-Z rather than AZERTY or QWERTY soft keyboard layout but I guess I'll get used to that.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: