Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - xda2s and bt77 help needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

xda2s and bt77 help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blimsa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: xda2s and bt77 help needed Reply with quote

Hi all, new to the forum and must say some of the information here is invaluble, already got some great software for my ppc, however still unable to solve the main problem which was the reason I came her ein the 1st place.

I have an XDA 2s and TomTom5 and am trying to get it working with a bt77 reciever.

Now I can pair it, however when I start tomtom it just refuses to connect to it. This will probably sound very newbish of me but please bare with me:
I read about changing ports, however the only port settings I can find are bluetooth settings - services - serial port and then when serial port is highlighted, I click advance, and get an inbound port which is set to 5 and a outbound one which is 6, I am unable to change these values.

I installed the regedit proggy for it, however the gps settings folder wasnt there, so I created it and added the entry myself, with still no joy.

I have the connect to bluetooth port 5 and connect to bluetooth port 6 in my tomtom settings, however, the little disc in the top right does not spin on either of them.

Please I would be eternally greatful for anyone who can help me out.

Regards,
James
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read of this link, whilst I appreciate its for an SPVM2000 phone (the same as the XDAIIs) and instead of Holux GPSlim236 you will need to interperate this as BT77, you shouldn't need a reg edit, and if you follow my original post it should work, http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35787 Mike
blimsa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works!!

You are the man!!, thanks so much!! :D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear its working, next you want to get the safety cameras linked from the home page of this site - 8 mins to fix the problem, impressed at your speed !! - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: