Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPaq 3970 COM ports?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPaq 3970 COM ports?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: iPaq 3970 COM ports? Reply with quote

I have just bought a S/h Navman 3450 GPS sleev which, according to the Navman website, is compatible with my iPaq 3970. I cannot get the GPS to work. The sleeve initialises when the PDA is inserted and I can read the contents of the flash card. I have installed and initialised the SmartST (software several times) but get no signal at all. The button on the GPS status shows green but there is no COM port shown and the UTC clock does not run. Scanning the ports with other programmes such as Holux GPSViewer shows no ports active. I have read somewhere that all the COM ports on the 3970 are in use and that if I were to disable one of the programmes using a COM port then the GPS sleeve might work. Has anybody had this problem? Can anybody tell me of their experiences using a 3970 with the 3450? I had expected the combination to work together without this sort of adjustment. Sad
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you installed the Navman 3.1.6 driver? I think it is in our downloads section. Install it onto the iPAQ without the sleeve fitted.
Mike29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: iPaq 3970 COM ports? Reply with quote

Yes, I have installed the 3.1.6 driver. I have also tried to install the GPS ROM upgrade 2.3.7 but I got an error message "GPS receiver not attached"
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as though the sleeve might be faulty or the port blocked. I have used a 3970 and Navman SE sleeve without problem.
Mike29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: iPaq 3970 COM ports? Reply with quote

What do you mean by the port is blocked?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: