Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ICN 520 SP1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ICN 520 SP1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabbers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm beginning to wonder about myself ?

The SP1 is on the downloads page you have to put your model and software and stuff from the drop down lists.

I cant find the zip file that Paulius was talking about?????

Jabbers
sirusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest download i can see on there for the ICN 510/520 is November 2004
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
If you go to Navman FAQ, the look for “How do I rebuild the SD card of my ICN” question number (UK 104).
Down load the file to a folder on your PC. When unzipped save the read me file or print it out then follow the instructions.
It will set up your card to the European standard with all of the EU languages and the defaults.
I could not down load SP1 by using tools from Navman desktop, but obtained it by going to Navman website, downloads & got it that way. It worked for me.
Hope this is of any help to you.
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
sirusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have neen to the website and still can not find the SP1 download anywhere
sirusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Ok Drama over ...........i found the download.........bahhhhhh
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius55 wrote:
My language screen would not come up but I have solved the problem this way. Download from the Navman site the zip file to rebuild your 510 SD card, it doesn't matter whether you have a 510 or 520. Unzip it on your PC and find the language files in the NAVMAN\SOUND folder. Copy the two UK english sound files.
Connect Navman to PC and using ActiveSync, explore to My Flash Disk\Backup\Ficino\Navman\Sound folder and paste the two Uk sound files. Now just detach the USB lead and the Navman will reboot and go to the language selection screen.

Paulius - you're a gem! That's the easiest way to get it all back to normal.

If anyone else tries this, I found that you need to reset the unit by turning it off at the back to get all the favourites, language selection, etc to come up and now it's all fine.

One question Paulius - can I delete the US voices using Activesync as I assume they take up valuable space on my SD Card.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirusman wrote:
Maybe i am stupid or blind but i can not find the SP1 download??

Try here http://www.navman-pcn.com/index.php?lmenu=Free+Downloads

then fill in your details Wink
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - this is frustrating.

Firstly I've discovered that if you set the voice to a US one, then you get zipcode in the GoTo, if you have UK voice, then you get Postal Code. Fine...

BUT

I've installed and re-installed the update to the 510 (running SmartST2005). To be able to save changes to map displays, etc, I find I have to do a hard reset by turning off and on the battery switch at the rear. Once I do that, I can use the unit properly however it then insists that I need to install the update again! If I don't reset it, then the update is seen as being on there already by the desktop software.

Obviously the reset is performing some kind of reinstall of the old software but how on earth do you prevent it from doing so?

According to the unit, when I hard reset, I get v3.00.0008 flashing up on the screen which I think is the same as the old software??!!

Under ABOUT, I have Build: 3.50.0088 - again the old version. I can't understand what's happening.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon1 wrote:
OK - this is frustrating.

Under ABOUT, I have Build: 3.50.0088 - again the old version. I can't understand what's happening.

v3.5 is the new version, is it not Question
Graham
satnavman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: SP1 Reply with quote

Hi there! Hope this helps!

Note 1:
First off I have a icn520 Which Differs slightly to the icn510 when it comes to Storing Languages (Page 15 in the manual and then page 19 for the icn520).

Before I installed SP1 I refitted the original card which came with the unit, selected show language selection at start up, done a hard re-set with the battery switch at the back, made sure the select language page came up selected UK and then installed SP1.

When I restarted after installing SP1, the language selection page came up as it did when I first got the device. No Problem. I then selected UK languages, installed UK to the device, made sure all my other preferences were as I want them and all is OK.

Note2: (Simon look here)
I have found that if you connect your ICN to your PC, start up SmartST 2005, Let the unit synchronize, then go to about on the desktop file menus........ scroll down to the end and you will see a software version that says:

(SmartSt V 3. **.****) which should match the build number in the about screen on the ICN520

You will then see a Boot Loader number that says:
(V03.00.00**) which should match the Number that flashes across your black screen when your ICN resets itself after disconnecting from your PC or you reset the ICN manually. (This is merely as it says a boot version to kick your ICN in to gear and start the Smart ST software on your ICN)
Its a bit like the "bios" in your home pc satrting windows.

Note 3.
I have found that if you are using a new (Larger capacity) SD card or mmc card with these units other than the one that came with it, then the best way to go about it is to copy the complete original card with "registration file" (All Files including maps) to your PC using a Card reader/writer. Copy these back to your new card using the card reader/writer so that you have a duplicate original card (Only with more space). Install the New card, Start the Unit and make sure everything works as the original card did!
Then you can go ahead and connect to the desktop and synchronize, and then delete maps, add maps, delete POI etc to your hearts content using the new card installed in your ICN. Just remember to turn off the battery switch at the rear every time you swap cards, this tends to leave the ICN more stable......

Also you will always have the original card and files to revert back to if something goes wrong!! (which never does of course!)

Hope some of this helps.........
Jabbers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paulius and everyone else that has contributed. I seem to have the GB voices and menu's now I'll know better when I test it out later.

Jabbers
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Satnavman
You have put into words what I have been trying to point out on this thread, but in a slightly different approach.
It also works if you get the file from Navman in FAQ section, which is the core SD card configuration. Once installed on the card just get your configuration from Navman by clicking on tools on the desktop software.
I keep a copy of the Navman file on my PC so that I do not have to search for it at Navman?
The link is there as I have seen it and posted the question number in another reply on this thread.
Regards
DRP

satnavman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: icn520 SP1 Reply with quote

Hi DRP

Totally agree! And I too have a copy of the core SD Card file from Navman!

Better to be safe than sorry!

I think if everyone works on the assumption that any update or service pack is designed to work with the units as they are configured when they come from the factory then maybe there wouldn't be so many mess ups...

I find it far better to take the unit back to its original configuration of how it was when it came out of the box and then apply any service packs or updates, then start again from scratch.

I know the Service Pack don't cover all our issues (Including Mine!) and I am in no way defending Navman, but then no one uses the units the same and they cannot possibly mimic every users preference or style of
use.

After all, we have put up with far more annoying updates and service packs from the largest software company in the world and they seem to get away with it.

All the best
Satnavman
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Satnavman
Great minds think alike.
I also like to keep my unit at optimum performance. So that the CPU keeps focused on what it has to do and dose not do overtime, trying to get me to where I need to be.
Regards
DRP

Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just want to check if I indeed have SP1 installed. Will somebody who feels that they have installed SP1 correctly please tell me the following:

In the About in the Desktop software, what version does it show? I have SmartST Desktop as 3.5.0.6

What is the Bootloader version that flashes on the black screen as you start up the unit after resetting? Mine says 3.00.0008

What is the SmartST version running on your icn. Mine says v3.50.0088

I'm running a 510 with SmartST2005 on it. I have both the US and UK languages successfully on there.

I'm using the original MMC card - I have never used another card.

OR if there's someone running a 510 with SmartST200t5 who hasn't updated yet, could you give me the figures you have so I can check and see how they compare?

Thanks!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: