Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - X50V Dest PN WM2005 Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

X50V Dest PN WM2005 Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdanielsg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: X50V Dest PN WM2005 Problems Reply with quote

I have used the above combo before with PPC 2003 w/o any problems. I cant roll back so I have to stick with this for the moment.

I have gotten it to work before but i had to reinstall the software and I dunt think it is working, because when IN the software when I click the sat icon button and find GPS, it doesnt locate GPS.

This is what I have done,

1. Paired the dell axim X50v with the BT 338
2. within settings system GPS, what should I set software port to? It cannot be COM7 which is the hardware port. The baud rate that Globalsat tells you 38400 is not avail in the hardware port selection area so what do you use? I forgot what worked last time.

other questions.

for TTS do you install to PDA main memory or to CF/SD card? I THINK i ecountered problems when I tried to install to PDA, it didnt regconize that I had installed it?

Should I install EVERYTHING to PDA except MAPS?

THANKS
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you paired the units within settings/bluetooth did you select the com ports tab then "New Outgoing port" assign the port and tick the serial port profile box - In WM2005 you have to do this to see the unit - Mike
jdanielsg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
When you paired the units within settings/bluetooth did you select the com ports tab then "New Outgoing port" assign the port and tick the serial port profile box - In WM2005 you have to do this to see the unit - Mike

Ok I did that, what about the baud rate in the WM2005 GPS settings?

Also any idea about my software questions, where to install what

THANK!!!!
jdanielsg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdanielsg wrote:
mikealder wrote:

Ok I did that, what about the baud rate in the WM2005 GPS settings?

Also any idea about my software questions, where to install what

THANK!!!!

so my incoming now is set as 7 and out going as 8 ? and destinator found the port at port 8 ? it was always 7 so this is new.......
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Baud rate in WM2005 is messed up it displays 33600 when in fact it should read 38400 if the Unit still can't see the GPS unit in the application the settings within the GPS applet will be a fault, As for software questions I usually load using the default location (device) and then load the maps to the memory card (not many PDA's will have sufficiant memory to load a full county map into memory), What software is TTS that you refer to? - Mike
jdanielsg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The Baud rate in WM2005 is messed up it displays 33600 when in fact it should read 38400 if the Unit still can't see the GPS unit in the application the settings within the GPS applet will be a fault, As for software questions I usually load using the default location (device) and then load the maps to the memory card (not many PDA's will have sufficiant memory to load a full county map into memory), What software is TTS that you refer to? - Mike

ok thanks for the info. TTS is text to speech within destinator
jdanielsg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdanielsg wrote:
mikealder wrote:

btw should I set NMEA or SIRF
jdanielsg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdanielsg wrote:
jdanielsg wrote:
mikealder wrote:

btw should I set NMEA or SIRF

nvm it works only with Nmea, i also notice running the TTS software on the PDA slows it down ALOT placing the software on the CF cards seem to speed response for some reason
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never tried the software but have messed with the hardware you are using, if you experiance any problems with rapid power drain while the unit is switched off remove the memory cards and it should be OK (no power drain), otherwise you need to be plugged in every 5 hours - this issue may or (hopefully) may not be relevent to yourself, but the last x50v I messed with was reverted back to 2003SE to overcome this issue, I assume the GPS is now up and running OK with the application? - The speed issue could be down to either the speed of the memory card or the speed of the interface within the PDA, difficult call unless you have two different speed cards loaded with the same data to swap out and try - go with whatever works - Mike
jdanielsg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I have never tried the software but have messed with the hardware you are using, if you experiance any problems with rapid power drain while the unit is switched off remove the memory cards and it should be OK (no power drain), otherwise you need to be plugged in every 5 hours - this issue may or (hopefully) may not be relevent to yourself, but the last x50v I messed with was reverted back to 2003SE to overcome this issue, I assume the GPS is now up and running OK with the application? - The speed issue could be down to either the speed of the memory card or the speed of the interface within the PDA, difficult call unless you have two different speed cards loaded with the same data to swap out and try - go with whatever works - Mike

I tried to revert back but couldnt so I am stuck. Thanks for all the info will post back if i have questions.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: